The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan while taking a year off

Hi would I be able to get maintenance loan for this year if I take it off and resume studying next year? And how would the maintenance loan be affected, thanks. I am going to be suspending studies this year due to serious mental obstacle.
Original post by Onurhonca
Hi would I be able to get maintenance loan for this year if I take it off and resume studying next year? And how would the maintenance loan be affected, thanks. I am going to be suspending studies this year due to serious mental obstacle.

You can’t get student finance if you aren’t studying.

If you suspend/withdraw due to mental health problems then your university can request an additional 60 days funding after your suspension/withdrawal date but no more.

If you suspend then you won’t get further maintenance loan instalments this year and will normally be asked to return any money from previous instalments that are classed as “overpaid”

Hi there,

If you have any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, Jason
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If you have any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Yes so is it possible to get maintenance student finance when your taking a year of due to medical reasons
Yes so is it possible to get maintenance student finance when your taking a year of due to medical reasons

No, as PQ advised above. If you've started a course for 23/24 but suspending due to health reasons you may be eligible for a further 60 days of funding. If you're not studying at all this year you're not eligible for any funding. I would advise speaking to the university directly to see if you qualify through them for any bursaries, grants or discretionary funds. Thanks, Jason
Reply 5
Original post by SFE Jason
No, as PQ advised above. If you've started a course for 23/24 but suspending due to health reasons you may be eligible for a further 60 days of funding. If you're not studying at all this year you're not eligible for any funding. I would advise speaking to the university directly to see if you qualify through them for any bursaries, grants or discretionary funds. Thanks, Jason

Ok tyvm
Ok tyvm

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending