The Student Room Group

Can you cancel a student finance loan (maintenance loan) and make a new one?

I'm a 2nd year student applying for 3rd/final year.

While submitting my application for the maintenance loan online I didn't ask for the maximum amount, I left that box unchecked even though I was eligible for it.

This application went through and got accepted, but now it looks like I need the extra money so should I cancel the loan and start a fresh one again?

There are also 2 online forms that are under the amend tab can I fill 1 of these out or does it have to be both, because one is titled "Maintenance Loan Request Form" it seems to have what I'm looking for?

Thanks for any advice
NEVER cancel your application because you want to make a change.

Fill in and upload the maintenance loan request form.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
NEVER cancel your application because you want to make a change.

Fill in and upload the maintenance loan request form.

This link has the 2 forms I need right? "https://www.student-finance.service.gov.uk/customer/apply/ft/2324/pages/changeloanamountshouseholdincomeform.xhtml"
Original post by Mehmet68
This link has the 2 forms I need right? "https://www.student-finance.service.gov.uk/customer/apply/ft/2324/pages/changeloanamountshouseholdincomeform.xhtml"

Hi there,

If you're looking for your application to be assessed using the household income, we require you to complete the Include Household Income Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_nmt_to_mt_form_2324_o.pdf
If you're under 25, your parents will need to confirm their income on the PFF2 Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

You can then upload this online in your account under the evidence upload option.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

If you're looking for your application to be assessed using the household income, we require you to complete the Include Household Income Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_nmt_to_mt_form_2324_o.pdf
If you're under 25, your parents will need to confirm their income on the PFF2 Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

You can then upload this online in your account under the evidence upload option.

Thanks,
Claire

There is also a maintenance loan request form that was mentioned above, If I have already applied for a maintenance loan in my original application am I able to fill in this form and post it to SFE?

If I can't do this, do I have to fill in both forms you have mentioned as I am under 25 and you mentioned "If you're looking for your application to be assessed using the household income" I don't necessarily know if that is the form I should be filing out I'm just trying to get the maximum maintenance loan amount, I believe I have to use the household income form (I'm guessing this form automatically gives the highest amount as there is no mention of loan amounts) but please correct me If I'm wrong.

Thanks, Mehmet
There is also a maintenance loan request form that was mentioned above, If I have already applied for a maintenance loan in my original application am I able to fill in this form and post it to SFE?

If I can't do this, do I have to fill in both forms you have mentioned as I am under 25 and you mentioned "If you're looking for your application to be assessed using the household income" I don't necessarily know if that is the form I should be filing out I'm just trying to get the maximum maintenance loan amount, I believe I have to use the household income form (I'm guessing this form automatically gives the highest amount as there is no mention of loan amounts) but please correct me If I'm wrong.

Thanks, Mehmet

If you have already requested the maximum loan on your originally application then you don't need to complete that form again.

When you apply for finance and you're 25, if you wish the maximum available you would request the application to be assessed on the household income. If you wish the basic finance, this does't use the household income.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
If you have already requested the maximum loan on your originally application then you don't need to complete that form again.

When you apply for finance and you're 25, if you wish the maximum available you would request the application to be assessed on the household income. If you wish the basic finance, this does't use the household income.

Thanks,
Claire

I didn't request the maximum so I'm trying to amend it as my circumstances have changed, sorry if that wasn't clear.

If I understand correctly I can amend this and request the maximum loan amount by completing the form titled "Maintenance Loan Request Form" and an additional form for my parents to fill out titled PFF2 "Assessment of Financial Circumstances For parents and partners of students"
I didn't request the maximum so I'm trying to amend it as my circumstances have changed, sorry if that wasn't clear.

If I understand correctly I can amend this and request the maximum loan amount by completing the form titled "Maintenance Loan Request Form" and an additional form for my parents to fill out titled PFF2 "Assessment of Financial Circumstances For parents and partners of students"

Did you request the Maintenance Loan at all on the application?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
Did you request the Maintenance Loan at all on the application?

Thanks,
Claire

I did request the maintenance loan, and then it asked if I wanted the maximum available at the time I said no.

Is there a way to change that and get the maximum loan?
I did request the maintenance loan, and then it asked if I wanted the maximum available at the time I said no.

Is there a way to change that and get the maximum loan?

If you click on your application and change my application and loan amount you can change it. If it doesn't allow you to do this online, then it should give you the option to print off the Maintenance Loan Request Form. Once completed, you can upload this online under the evidence upload option.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending