The Student Room Group

Communication

How do you rekindle communication in a dying relationship?
POV; both of you are master's students and there is not much time for other things.
Reply 1
I think a dying relationship leads to poor communication, rather than the other way around. Thus it’s difficult to improve communication when things are going wrong
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
I think a dying relationship leads to poor communication, rather than the other way around. Thus it’s difficult to improve communication when things are going wrong

Interestingly, I always thought that a poor communication is one of the symptons that may lead to a dying relationship amidst several others. If I get you right, you mean that for any relationship to have poor communication then it had already started dying at some point, whether the love birds realized it or not?
Reply 3
Original post by Traderlenz
Interestingly, I always thought that a poor communication is one of the symptons that may lead to a dying relationship amidst several others. If I get you right, you mean that for any relationship to have poor communication then it had already started dying at some point, whether the love birds realized it or not?

Yes. In my experience when a relationship is going cold communication declines and communication then becomes a barrier itself to getting to the bottom of it. When things were good it was easy to say we would always talking about problems if they came up, but when they did it was impossible
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending