The Student Room Group

Can I eat lukewarm soup ?

I’m not able to use a microwave at the minute so I tried heating my can of Heinz vegetable soup in the sink. Some parts are lukewarm but some are cold. Will it be safe to eat like this?
Reply 1
yeah u should be fine as long as its from a can and doesnt have meat in it
probably won't taste great though lol
As well getting an early start on the apocalypse I suppose.
Reply 3
Original post by Rachael0902
I’m not able to use a microwave at the minute so I tried heating my can of Heinz vegetable soup in the sink. Some parts are lukewarm but some are cold. Will it be safe to eat like this?

Have you no stove either?
Reply 4
Do you have a stove? I assume not if you are using the sink.
If not, are you able to buy a cheap microwave so you don't have to heat food in the sink?
Or do you have friends or neighbours who will stick soup in their microwave for you on a temporary basis?
Reply 5
Apparently people eat tinned soup cold straight from the fridge.
Reply 6
Original post by Scotney
Apparently people eat tinned soup cold straight from the fridge.

My mother used to feed me cold Heinz spaghetti as a toddler. She never heated it. I loved it!
Reply 7
Original post by Cote1
My mother used to feed me cold Heinz spaghetti as a toddler. She never heated it. I loved it!

Can't say I fancy that but did love hot Heinz Spaghetti on toast!
Reply 8
Original post by Scotney
Can't say I fancy that but did love hot Heinz Spaghetti on toast!

I like it hot now..:smile:
I personally wouldn't. unless you have a strong tummy.
The canning process involves heating the sealed tins of food at a high enough temperature and for long enough to sterilise them and kill off any nasty stuff.
If you found some cans of food from WW2 in the woods and they weren't dented and were intact, it'd still be safe to eat whatever was inside.

Quick Reply

Latest