The Student Room Group

very conflicted

I am 1/4 israeli, 1/4 Palestinian and half Japanese. where should i stand with the new war. im so conflicted. my Palestinian family are no longer talking to my Israeli family. And my mom is making me choose, what should i do
Reply 1
Original post by EveWosHere
I am 1/4 israeli, 1/4 Palestinian and half Japanese. where should i stand with the new war. im so conflicted. my Palestinian family are no longer talking to my Israeli family. And my mom is making me choose, what should i do

What does choosing mean? Honestly feelings are running high right now I would just say you don't want to be involved.
Reply 2
thank you, and yeah i honestly dont wanna be caught up in family conflicts. its tearing our family apart honestly
Reply 3

Why would you need to pick a side. Surely like most people you just want the circle of violence to end as all civilian deaths are deplorable? No reason why you can’t do that without picking sides.
Reply 4
exactly i dont wanna pick a side
Reply 5

You can be loyal to someone without taking their point of view, you can be there to share in the grief/loss and anger without owning it also.

Stand where you want, you dont need to take any side. We all get caught up in our supposed differences when really we are just humans trying to make sense of actions that seem fairly senseless and overwhelming. Be you and support those you care about, leave the side taking to the loose cannons at the top.

Greg
And my mom is making me choose, what should i do

Could you tell us a bit more about how these conversations have gone?
Just so that we can get a clearer picture of how best to advise?

It is a difficult situation but I would suggest that you remain neutral whilst supporting those around you in need of support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending