The Student Room Group

Is some bullying going on you think?

It was a group assignment on zoom online 4 of us one member was talking in the beginning helping giving little answers then she stopped when silence didn’t talk anymore (one member called her out she didn’t respond)

The next day everyone makes a big deal about her not talking to others in class and even to another professor that don’t teach the class (one student bother her when she doing her work and has headphones in)
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
It was a group assignment on zoom online 4 of us one member was talking in the beginning helping giving little answers then she stopped when silence didn’t talk anymore (one member called her out she didn’t respond)

The next day everyone makes a big deal about her not talking to others in class and even to another professor that don’t teach the class (one student bother her when she doing her work and has headphones in)

From what I understand based on your story, She stopped talking. There could be a reason behind that. If everyone is making a big deal out of if and someone is bothering her , there is some kind of bullying here. If she doesnt want to speak, let her be. If you genuinely care for her , you can talk to her personally. People can feel if you really care and they might open up.
Original post by Anonymous

From what I understand some people freak out at the thought of conflict so they shut down and are very conflict adverse. So the not talking may be her just shutting off to avoid conflict. Possibly it might only be if they sense conflict. I can't say for sure if that is what happened here but maybe. It can look like the person is being real offish but in reality they just want to avoid conflict as it stresses them out. If there are several people this might arise with then she might revert to avoidant behaviour. My guess is avoiding bringing up the issue if possible and moving on may be a way to resolve it for all of you.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending