The Student Room Group

English Literature 2022 Paper (AQA)

I need extra exam questions for practice.

Does anyone know what the question was for An Inspector Calls and Anthology Poetry (Power and Conflict)

Scroll to see replies

is this for your mock exam because i want to know to
Reply 2
Original post by areebah99
is this for your mock exam because i want to know to

I've already done the mock but the teacher wrote the paper instead of giving the 2022 one (I'm curious and I also want extra essays to practice)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Estudian

Does anyone know what the question was for An Inspector Calls and Anthology Poetry (Power and Conflict)

Hi, what exam board are you studying?
Reply 4
Original post by KatieMegs
Hi, what exam board are you studying?

AQA
Reply 5
AQA

I cant remember the exact question but I know that the poem for power and conflict was bayonet charge for the 2022 exam. For my exam I used genius to make my notes on the poem and compared to Remains.- hope this helps 😊
Reply 6
I cant remember the exact question but I know that the poem for power and conflict was bayonet charge for the 2022 exam. For my exam I used genius to make my notes on the poem and compared to Remains.- hope this helps 😊

Thank you so much, the 2017 paper was Bayonet Charge as well lol. I love using genius as well- there are so many hidden gems of perceptive analysis!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Thank you so much, the 2017 paper was Bayonet Charge as well lol. I love using genius as well- there are so many hidden gems of perceptive analysis!

Yes, it was a surprise as all the teachers told us to ignore it because it wouldnt come up, it happened with many of the characters in the novels/ shakespeare as well 😂 Im sure the inspector calls was on eric and inequality leading to tragic endings but I wouldnt take my word for it as I didnt personally do that text but my friends did. 😊
Reply 8
Yes, it was a surprise as all the teachers told us to ignore it because it wouldnt come up, it happened with many of the characters in the novels/ shakespeare as well 😂 Im sure the inspector calls was on eric and inequality leading to tragic endings but I wouldnt take my word for it as I didnt personally do that text but my friends did. 😊

Edexcel are just so unpredictable haha. What text did you study?
Reply 9
Edexcel are just so unpredictable haha. What text did you study?

I studied Jekyll & Hyde, we were meant to be doing Inspector calls as well but it got dropped due to covid 😅
Reply 10
I'm doing Jekyll and Hyde as well! Only two classes in our year group are doing it though becuase the majority of teachers chose for their classes to do A Christmas Carol.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 11
I'm doing Jekyll and Hyde as well! Only two classes in our year group are doing it though becuase the majority of teachers chose for their classes to do A Christmas Carol.

Yeah, I loved doing Jekyll and Hyde, we were meant to do Frankenstein but then the teacher left so we did J+H. Ive found not many schools do it as I had to move school for sixth form and everyone did christmas carol and the love poetry so when they are linking it into the texts we do in Alevel i dont have a clue what their gcse texts are about 😂
Reply 12
Yeah, I loved doing Jekyll and Hyde, we were meant to do Frankenstein but then the teacher left so we did J+H. Ive found not many schools do it as I had to move school for sixth form and everyone did christmas carol and the love poetry so when they are linking it into the texts we do in Alevel i dont have a clue what their gcse texts are about 😂

I'm doing power and conflict poetry but I think it's easier to understand than love poetry haha
I'm planning to use the love poetry to practice analysing unseen poetry

How's A Level English Literature? It's one of my A-level choices for next year.

Also, what are your other options?
Reply 13
I'm doing power and conflict poetry but I think it's easier to understand than love poetry haha
I'm planning to use the love poetry to practice analysing unseen poetry

How's A Level English Literature? It's one of my A-level choices for next year.

Also, what are your other options?

Im taking English Lit, Art and Psychology. I was worried about taking English lit after everyone said it was really hard but I do really enjoy it, its very similar to GCSE, its the same sort of questions for the exams and similar texts (Im currently studying Othello and Wuthering Heights in my first year) however you have to link poetry into your texts and your also adviced to do quite a bit of extended reading as you get more marks for comparing how your theme is presented in other texts as well. I prefer the way that it is mainly based off analysis because I found GCSE very technique heavy but you do spend most of your time reading and analysing rather than doing exam questions so its quite a nice balance compared to your other subjects. You also get a lot more freedom as for your second year you get to choose your own text for your coursework from a set list which is given to you in year 12. I do really recommend it as it is enjoyable and doesnt provide too much pressure in comparison to other subjects. 😊
Reply 14
Thank you for your helpful response

Do you do AQA English Literature?

Also, do you have a specific theme for the texts you study? At my chosen sixth form it is dystopian.

I'm planning to take History + Philosophy and ethics as well : )
Reply 15
Yes, Im doing AQA. My current theme is love however this will be narrowed down a bit once I choose my coursework which Im thinking about doing gothic for. I do know quite a few people doing history and they really love it, it has a lot of essays but they do really enjoy the content 😊
Reply 16
Thank you for the info 😊

Good luck with your coursework!
does anyone know what the aqa jeykl and hyde question was for 2022 as well as macbeth?
I have my mock exam next week so it would be really helpful
Does anyone know the R n J q and the love and relationships one it would be a masssiivve helppp :smile:
Original post by R_GCSE13
does anyone know what the aqa jeykl and hyde question was for 2022 as well as macbeth?
I have my mock exam next week so it would be really helpful
Does anyone know the LOTF q and the love and relationships one it would be a masssiivve helppp!!!!!!

(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest