The Student Room Group

Student finance repayment

I received a letter from slc about overpaid,have to pay back £ 12 000.000 ,what can i do,? I do not have this money, the amount is huge, and I feel very stressed out and anxious about it, they decided that because I could not provide evidence for a child grant, I did not get a contract for my nanny (that was in 2021 ), I have been trying to get in touch with the nanny but without successful, I understand that I have to pay the grant but no tuition, I spent two years at university, 4 days per week, my boy is special needs was very difficult for me, I did not get a diploma because student finance cancelled the university tuition, the other side university called me to pay the tuition
Original post by Mara83
I received a letter from slc about overpaid,have to pay back £ 12 000.000 ,what can i do,? I do not have this money, the amount is huge, and I feel very stressed out and anxious about it, they decided that because I could not provide evidence for a child grant, I did not get a contract for my nanny (that was in 2021 ), I have been trying to get in touch with the nanny but without successful, I understand that I have to pay the grant but no tuition, I spent two years at university, 4 days per week, my boy is special needs was very difficult for me, I did not get a diploma because student finance cancelled the university tuition, the other side university called me to pay the tuition

Hi Mara,

We're sorry to hear this - it sounds like it's the Childcare Grant being removed that's caused this overpayment, is that right?

Do you think it will be possible to get in touch with the nanny at some point?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
what can happen if I don't pay ? Thank you!
Original post by Mara83
what can happen if I don't pay ? Thank you!

Hi Mara,

If you don't have the evidence I would advise uploading a cover letter explaining the situation and send any evidence with this. I'd also advise contacting the number on this to discuss ways to pay this back (payment plan or direct debit). Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Thank you for your reply!
Original post by Mara83
Thank you for your reply!

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending