The Student Room Group

Help, Would I get in?

Hi, im applying to these schools for computer science BSc:
Durham
Bath
Loughbourgh (sorry if I spelt this wrong)
Cardiff (Safety)
Southhampton

Most of their requirements are A*AA, A in mathematics

I did the maths A-level in one year (yr12) and got an A. My subjects are; Computer Science(A* predicted), Further Mathematics(A* predicted) and Mathematics(A achieved).
I'm scared my application might not be as strong and I'll be rejected, does anyone know anyone that has been accepted into these schools with grades similar to mine?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
No-one can tell you for certain.
All you can do is make 5 realistic choices of Universities / courses.
Then, just keep your fingers crossed.
This is why safety options, that you would be pefectly happy to go to, are so important on the list. Because it all depends on how many other applicants with the grade requirements will apply and make it more competitive to get in. Hopefully, with this list you should be fine but you just need to wait and see.
Hi there,

Your grades are fantastic and are great for you application. Usually when applying you would choose one or two unis with lower grade boundaries just in case you dont quite hit them but your grades are great as is.

However this is not what will make you stand out. You want to present yourself as a dedicated and passionate student and you can do this in your personal statement. Talk about any experience you have, any reading you have done and how it has helped your personal development. Your statement is the chance to show what you have to offer.

Grades are important but it is not the only stage in the application. Wishing you the best of luck with it all!
- Sophie (uni of Bath)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending