The Student Room Group

Got a 38 on assignment and it was 50% of the module grade

I've just got one of the lowest grade 38%. I had another assignment for this module but I did good on that one, cause I got 78% worth 20% of the module grade. But now I have a statistics test worth just 30% and I need to get a 100% to have an overall grade of 64.5. Since I have strict parents, I don't know what they would think because I didn't tell them I had those assignments and never asked for help.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've just got one of the lowest grade 38%. I had another assignment for this module but I did good on that one, cause I got 78% worth 20% of the module grade. But now I have a statistics test worth just 30% and I need to get a 100% to have an overall grade of 64.5. Since I have strict parents, I don't know what they would think because I didn't tell them I had those assignments and never asked for help.

Why would you have asked your parents for help?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Why would you have asked your parents for help?

Because both have expertise in Biology or anything biology-related (PhDs degree) and work atm with the government as SEO.
Original post by bsj18
Because both have expertise in Biology or anything biology-related (PhDs degree) and work atm with the government as SEO.

So it's not that they're strict; it's that they know a lot about the topic and would be disappointed?
Reply 4
If you can tolerate getting 60% for the module overall, you "only" need to get 85% on the stats assessment.

I would be looking closely at the feedback for the 38% assessment to work out what went wrong and how to avoid in future.

Why not just speak about this to your parents? - you may be suprised by their response and they may even be able to help you prepare for the stats assessment.
Reply 5
If they have PhDs they probably have some experience of disappointing results (none of us get through a bunch of degrees totally unscathed by a disappointing exam or unit) and might surprise you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending