The Student Room Group

Masters

So I have been aiming first and 2.1 in my masters, then comes the last module with dissertation, turn out there was two submissions with first copy as my project supervisor and then second copy as second marker. And found that after a month after deadline. Now i am worried as I have submitted my dissertation to my first marker, but not the second marker. Do you think they can let me down on this? or do i have to retake or they not gonna mark it?
Reply 1
I am worried for my dissertation as the whole module was a flop, and waiting for the results, all i think about is the results. any advice on how to actually get over it.
Original post by ikrashafwi
I am worried for my dissertation as the whole module was a flop, and waiting for the results, all i think about is the results. any advice on how to actually get over it.

Hey,

I actually went through a similar situation when submitting my MSc dissertation - I submitted it wrong and also I wasn’t happy with the work either. I understand it’s a really stressful process and waiting for results can be really nerve wracking.

My no1 piece of advice would be to contact your supervisor expressing your concerns. I’m sure they’ve been working with you over at least the last few months and have seen your dissertation in progress. They’re also one of the markers, and while they won’t be able to fully reassure you regarding your grades, im sure they can support you and ease your concerns. They’ll know if you’ve submitted it to the second supervisor properly and also know how well you’ve done in the module as a whole.

I’m sure everything will work out fine :smile:

Best of luck with everything!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep (2nd year PhD Psychology)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending