The Student Room Group

How and when to apply for disability allowance?

I have submitted my UCAS application for 2024 intake and need to apply for student finance as well as DSA. My school have essentially said they know nothing about the DSA process and have refused to help me find information or even point me in the right direction to get help. So, how and when do I apply for DSA?
Original post by jblob101
I have submitted my UCAS application for 2024 intake and need to apply for student finance as well as DSA. My school have essentially said they know nothing about the DSA process and have refused to help me find information or even point me in the right direction to get help. So, how and when do I apply for DSA?

Hi @jblob101

To apply for DSA you will need to have a student finance online account set up, or you can apply using a DSA1 form to send in via post.

I did my application online. So once I had applied for my student finance, I used my log in to go to my account and you can apply from there. I would recommend applying for your DSA at the same time as your student finance, and as early as possible, so that any further information required can be sent in or sorted out so you can access your DSA when you start university.

This link I've attached has more information on the government website about eligibility and how to apply if you want to find out more...
https://www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowance-dsa

I'd recommend getting your application made as soon as you can, and then it's one less thing to worry about when getting ready to start university.

I hope this is what you were looking for!
Emily :smile:
Original post by jblob101

Hi there,

You can send an e-mail to our DSA team directly using this address. If you have any questions about the process and how and when to apply you can ask them that way:

[email protected]

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending