The Student Room Group

Applied Neuroscience MSc, King's College London

Hi, I've been thinking of starting this Applied Neuroscience MSc at KCL. It's very flexible, totally online which I need as I'm not in the UK, and not overly difficult to get in (I don't have the science undergrad background). However, I can't find any reviews of it, or even much discussion. It's hard to commit £19,000 and 2-6 years of your life to something without having gone to an Open Day, spoken to the lecturers, and talked to previous/current students! Is there anyone here who is on this course, or has done it? Or did anyone consider it and choose something else? Thanks a lot; would really appreciate everyone's views!
Reply 1
I can't offer much help as I haven't studied it, but I did go to the open day and talked to some of the neuroscience lecturers. They seemed very charismatic and friendly, the course looks interesting (but depends on how you personally find it) and they have decent facilities and equipment. Have you tried looking up videos on youtube from previous students on what the course is like? I've watched a few general ones for King's and heard a few criticisms about the teaching quality - but you should definitely look into what it's like for applied neuroscience specifically.
Reply 2
Ah that's interesting, thanks. Yes I had looked on YouTube but there was only one past student who had done the program and he wasn't overly enthusiastic about it, so you don't know whether he's a one off or everyone feels the same.
They're facilities are amazing and ideally I would do this course on campus rather than distance learning so that I could use them!
Thanks for your reply!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by DH__
Hi, I've been thinking of starting this Applied Neuroscience MSc at KCL. It's very flexible, totally online which I need as I'm not in the UK, and not overly difficult to get in (I don't have the science undergrad background). However, I can't find any reviews of it, or even much discussion. It's hard to commit £19,000 and 2-6 years of your life to something without having gone to an Open Day, spoken to the lecturers, and talked to previous/current students! Is there anyone here who is on this course, or has done it? Or did anyone consider it and choose something else? Thanks a lot; would really appreciate everyone's views!
Hiya! Checking in to see what you ended up choosing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending