The Student Room Group

Duac reaction

Please can someone help I started using duac (although it wasn’t called duac anymore it was benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin) which I think is just changed name? But anyway I used on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday and it just got worse everyday I now have tiny bumps on skin and redness but it’s not like closed comodones or pimples it’s like an allergic reaction. Very itchy and uncomfortable all the places that I put it have been affected. I really want it to go down and I need any help if anyone else struggled with this or know how to calm it down. I’ve tried loads of mostourizer and savlon but nothing helps
Hi !

I had similar reaction to Duac. Doctor prescribed it to me to treat acne rosacea, but I had severe pain and burning on my face from it. Iis very toxic. Avoid it and please go to doctor to prescribe you something else.

Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi !

I had similar reaction to Duac. Doctor prescribed it to me to treat acne rosacea, but I had severe pain and burning on my face from it. Iis very toxic. Avoid it and please go to doctor to prescribe you something else.

Good luck

Thank you ! I have appointment next week and I’m just going to give my skin a break from everything. How long until the reaction went down?
Reply 3
Quite possibly utilizing Duac gel you might encounter incidental effects like stripping, tingling, dry skin and redness, especially when you initially start to apply the gel.
Reply 4
Original post by elixirhtc
Quite possibly utilizing Duac gel you might encounter incidental effects like stripping, tingling, dry skin and redness, especially when you initially start to apply the gel.

Yea I read the manual thing from it but it isn’t normal I spoke to people who used it before and they all told me it’s allergic reaction and I shouldn’t be using it. It’s fine tho I have skin appointment for something new prescribed

Quick Reply

Latest