The Student Room Group

Exception Degrees

Hi,

I am looking to understand options regarding exception degrees. I started a degree in 2011, got to year 2 but did not finish the course for personal reasons.

I am looking to understand whether there would be funding available to start a psychology degree as an 'exception course'? I'm also not sure if I could do the degree full or part time in line with the exception course/funding guidelines.

Thanks,
R.
Can you clarify:
Did you complete your degree?
How many academic years did you start in your previous studies?
Do you have any evidence of compelling personal reasons for leaving your previous study?
Original post by snapwrist
Hi,

I am looking to understand options regarding exception degrees. I started a degree in 2011, got to year 2 but did not finish the course for personal reasons.

I am looking to understand whether there would be funding available to start a psychology degree as an 'exception course'? I'm also not sure if I could do the degree full or part time in line with the exception course/funding guidelines.

Thanks,
R.

Hi snapwrist,

Psychology is considered and exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules, if it is part time. If you are looking to study a new full time course and have 2 years previous study, then normally you would need to self fund the first year of a new eligible course dependent on the duration. If you had Compelling Personal Reasons as to why you were unable to complete the previous year(s), then you can provide evidence of this such as a letter from a 3rd party professional that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies. If this is accepted, then the Tuition Fee can be applied to the first available academic year.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending