The Student Room Group

Second degree funding- university of bedfordshire?

Hello,

I already have an undergraduate degree in Education(BA) which I completed full time in 3 years but received maintenance only for the final year. Ans I was wondering if I would be eligible for a second degree full package funding(maintenance loan included) for any of the following courses:

1.Psychology
BSc (Hons)
Course Code: C808
https://www.beds.ac.uk/courses/psychology/
Full time or part time starts in September 2024
HECoS code(s) 100497

Psychology BA(Hons)
HECoS code(s) 100497
UCAS Course Code C800
Course Level:u:ndergraduate

Next Start Date:October 2024

Duration:3 Years

Campus Location:u:niversity Square Campus, Luton

Attendance:Full-time or part time

https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/courses/undergraduate/next-year/psychology-ba/

2.Psychology, Counselling and Therapies BSc (Hons)

HECoS code(s) 100497 (70%) & 100254 (30%)
UCAS Course Code CB89

3. Education with Psychology BA (Hons)

HECoS code(s) 100496
UCAS Course Code X312
Original post by gherasia
Hello,

I already have an undergraduate degree in Education(BA) which I completed full time in 3 years but received maintenance only for the final year. Ans I was wondering if I would be eligible for a second degree full package funding(maintenance loan included) for any of the following courses:

1.Psychology
BSc (Hons)
Course Code: C808
https://www.beds.ac.uk/courses/psychology/
Full time or part time starts in September 2024
HECoS code(s) 100497

Psychology BA(Hons)
HECoS code(s) 100497
UCAS Course Code C800
Course Level:u:ndergraduate

Next Start Date:October 2024

Duration:3 Years

Campus Location:u:niversity Square Campus, Luton

Attendance:Full-time or part time

https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/courses/undergraduate/next-year/psychology-ba/

2.Psychology, Counselling and Therapies BSc (Hons)

HECoS code(s) 100497 (70%) & 100254 (30%)
UCAS Course Code CB89

3. Education with Psychology BA (Hons)

HECoS code(s) 100496
UCAS Course Code X312

Hi there,

To receive finance for a second degree the course needs to be classed as one of our full time or part time exception courses.

The courses on your list aren't full time exceptions courses so won't be eligible for finance.

Part time courses are not yet showing on the system for 24/25 so can't confirm if it will be classed as a part time exception. Our applications normally open March onwards. If you contact us nearer the time we can check again for you.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

To receive finance for a second degree the course needs to be classed as one of our full time or part time exception courses.

The courses on your list aren't full time exceptions courses so won't be eligible for finance.

Part time courses are not yet showing on the system for 24/25 so can't confirm if it will be classed as a part time exception. Our applications normally open March onwards. If you contact us nearer the time we can check again for you.

Thanks,
Claire

Hello Claire,
What about this Open University part time degrees that start in February 2024:

The open University BSc (Honours) Psychology with Counselling Course code:*Q84 BSc (Honours) Psychology Course code:*Q07

I have a disability that prevents me from attending in person. Will I be eligible for the tuitions fees and maintenance loan as well? What about the childcare grant and parent's learning allowance? (I have a 4 year old)

Thank you,
Andreea
Hello Claire,
What about this Open University part time degrees that start in February 2024:

The open University BSc (Honours) Psychology with Counselling Course code:*Q84 BSc (Honours) Psychology Course code:*Q07

I have a disability that prevents me from attending in person. Will I be eligible for the tuitions fees and maintenance loan as well? What about the childcare grant and parent's learning allowance? (I have a 4 year old)

Thank you,
Andreea

Hi Andreea,

I have looked up this course at the Open University and this would be classed as an exception course. This means that you would be eligible to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan for this course.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Andreea,

I have looked up this course at the Open University and this would be classed as an exception course. This means that you would be eligible to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan for this course.

Thanks, Drew

Only the Tuition fees? No Maintenance?
Only the Tuition fees? No Maintenance?

Hi Andreea,

Courses at the Open University only attract the Tuition Fee Loan unless you have a disability which prevents you from attending a brick university. You would need to provide evidence from a GP to confirm that distance learning is your only option.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Alright. What are the full time degree exceptions, please?
Hi there,

You would need to tell me a course you would want to do so I can check if it is an exception course. It is mainly courses related to the NHS that are exception courses.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending