The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Do you get a graduation with open university?

Just wondering if you get a classic graduation with open university. I’m not really sure what I want to do, I’ve completed a year of my university course at a local college, but I’m not really enjoying it. I’m thinking about Open University but do they get a graduation?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by blitterflicker
Just wondering if you get a classic graduation with open university. I’m not really sure what I want to do, I’ve completed a year of my university course at a local college, but I’m not really enjoying it. I’m thinking about Open University but do they get a graduation?

They do have graduation ceremonies: https://www.open.ac.uk/students/ceremonies/
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by blitterflicker

Yes you get to attend an in-person graduation. There's usually multiple graduations held in specific areas of the country and you get to attend a graduation at the location closest to you.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes you get to attend an in-person graduation. There's usually multiple graduations held in specific areas of the country and you get to attend a graduation at the location closest to you.

You can choose to attend any of the available graduation ceremonies - a lot of graduands make a bit of a holiday out of their graduation.
Original post by gaynor_scraggins
You can choose to attend any of the available graduation ceremonies - a lot of graduands make a bit of a holiday out of their graduation.

Oh I didn't know that. It's a good idea as they get a nice getaway lol

Quick Reply

Latest