The Student Room Group

Battersea Student Accommodation Advice?

Dear fellow students,

I am reaching out to seek some advice regarding housing options for attending RCA starting from 2024.
I am an international student currently in the process of deciding where to live during my time at RCA(Battersea) and would greatly appreciate any insights or recommendations from those who have already made this decision or are currently attending the institution.

Thank you in advance!!
Original post by Uzenio
Dear fellow students,

I am reaching out to seek some advice regarding housing options for attending RCA starting from 2024.
I am an international student currently in the process of deciding where to live during my time at RCA(Battersea) and would greatly appreciate any insights or recommendations from those who have already made this decision or are currently attending the institution.

Thank you in advance!!
Hi, I'm not a student at RCA Battersea but I did used to live very close. I think there's a lot of student accommodation near Clapham Junction which is very near. Clapham is a very lively area with train and bus links to the rest of London. A great place to live especially if you're young.
Reply 2
Original post by samdowson
Hi, I'm not a student at RCA Battersea but I did used to live very close. I think there's a lot of student accommodation near Clapham Junction which is very near. Clapham is a very lively area with train and bus links to the rest of London. A great place to live especially if you're young.
Thank you so much for the reply! Clapham does seem like a great option, relatively affordable too. Do you find the area safe at night?? It’s my first time in london so I’m not sure what to expect! Thanks for the insight 🙌
Original post by Uzenio
Thank you so much for the reply! Clapham does seem like a great option, relatively affordable too. Do you find the area safe at night?? It’s my first time in london so I’m not sure what to expect! Thanks for the insight 🙌
Hey, I am also a student starting in fall 2024. I am also looking for housing options. I am from IDE. Which degree are you attending?
Original post by Uzenio
Hi again,
Clapham Junction is very lively at night with a relatively wealthy and young population. But as with anywhere in London you have to be sensible and look after yourself. There are always thieves, drug dealers and drunk people wherever you go but they are totally in the minority. On the whole Clapham is a very welcoming and friendly place. Londoners are very streetwise people. They will keep themselves to themselves and avoid "trouble" but scratch the surface and they are very helpful, kind and friendly people. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Holabovtt
Hey, I am also a student starting in fall 2024. I am also looking for housing options. I am from IDE. Which degree are you attending?

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm in JAM :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by samdowson
Hi again,
Clapham Junction is very lively at night with a relatively wealthy and young population. But as with anywhere in London you have to be sensible and look after yourself. There are always thieves, drug dealers and drunk people wherever you go but they are totally in the minority. On the whole Clapham is a very welcoming and friendly place. Londoners are very streetwise people. They will keep themselves to themselves and avoid "trouble" but scratch the surface and they are very helpful, kind and friendly people. Hope that helps :smile:

Sorry for responding so late! Thanks for the heads up about Clapham Junction! It's good to know that it's a generally welcoming place. I'll keep your advice in mind :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending