The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Is there anything in Sheffield I should look out for ? (illegal stuff)

From an area in Leicester that is quiet high in drugs and crime and just wanted to know if there where any areas in particular that would be ideal to stay away from, im someone who's very aware of my surroundings.
From my husband who lived in Sheffield for a few years before he met me:

"Stay away from Pitsmoor (near the hospital) - even the cops don't go there!
Park Hill flats are also not good."
(edited 12 months ago)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
From an area in Leicester that is quiet high in drugs and crime and just wanted to know if there where any areas in particular that would be ideal to stay away from, im someone who's very aware of my surroundings.

Hey there!
At the end of the day there's going to be rough spots wherever you go. It depends what you enjoy doing. For example, if you see yourself going on lots of nights out then it might be better for you to find accommodation in the city centre as everything is very close-knit and easy to get to. I live in the city centre currently and it feels like everything is on my doorstep and I feel really safe in this accommodation. If you're someone that wants to live in a quieter accommodation, the best advice I can give you is to listen to other students' feedback on the area. You can find other students on freshers chats on Facebook from last year.

Personally, I lived on Park Hill last year and it was a bit dangerous. There was always people hanging round the accommodation and I didn't like to go out by myself when it was getting dark. I think Ecclesall area is generally okay and Kelham Island area is also lovely too. I'd recommend city centre or Ecclesall Road, sometimes they're a bit lively on a night but overall very safe places to live. I've heard mixed reviews about London Road area but have never personally been round there during dark hours or been to anyone's house there.

Hope this helped! Let me know if you have anymore questions...
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending