The Student Room Group

Student Loans- Returning to University

I left university after completing only 2 years of a degree due to poor mental health.Since then I have been diagnosed with ADHD, take medication and have access to therapy. Sessions with my psychiatrist have lead me to believe that the main reason why my mental health was so poor was because I was struggling with ADHD and it was making me depressed as I wasn't aware I had the condition. Now that I have greater control over my focus and other concerns I would like to go back to university. I have completed qualifications in my workplace which would make eligible to accelerate into the 2nd year of my preferred university course. My question is, would I be eligible to take out student loans so I can finally get a degree?
Reply 1
I left university after completing only 2 years of a degree due to poor mental health.

Since then I have been diagnosed with ADHD, take medication and have access to therapy. Sessions with my psychiatrist have lead me to believe that the main reason why my mental health was so poor was because I was struggling with ADHD and it was making me depressed as I wasn't aware I had the condition.

Now that I have greater control over my focus and other concerns I would like to go back to university.

I have completed qualifications in my workplace which would make eligible to accelerate into the 2nd year of my preferred university course. My question is, would I be eligible to take out student loans so I can finally get a degree?
Original post by alp308
I left university after completing only 2 years of a degree due to poor mental health.

Since then I have been diagnosed with ADHD, take medication and have access to therapy. Sessions with my psychiatrist have lead me to believe that the main reason why my mental health was so poor was because I was struggling with ADHD and it was making me depressed as I wasn't aware I had the condition.

Now that I have greater control over my focus and other concerns I would like to go back to university.

I have completed qualifications in my workplace which would make eligible to accelerate into the 2nd year of my preferred university course. My question is, would I be eligible to take out student loans so I can finally get a degree?

Hi alp308,

Can you confirm how many years of previous study you have in higher education? Can you also confirm what the highest level qualification that you have? Can you also confirm how many years the course would be please?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi alp308,

Can you confirm how many years of previous study you have in higher education? Can you also confirm what the highest level qualification that you have? Can you also confirm how many years the course would be please?

Thanks, Clare

Good morning Clare,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I did 2 years of higher education. My highest level qualification is a HND which came from that course.

The course is 3 years.

Thanks,

ALP
Original post by alp308
Good morning Clare,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I did 2 years of higher education. My highest level qualification is a HND which came from that course.

The course is 3 years.

Thanks,

ALP

Thank you for your response.

What is the name of the course you're looking to study and is it full time? Just to also confirm are you starting in year 2 of a 4 year course or year 2 of a 3 year course? Thanks, Jason
Reply 5
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you for your response.

What is the name of the course you're looking to study and is it full time? Just to also confirm are you starting in year 2 of a 4 year course or year 2 of a 3 year course? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

I’m looking to do BA (Hons) Human Resource Management and will be starting in year 2 of a 3 year course.

Thanks

ALP
Original post by alp308
Hi Jason,

I’m looking to do BA (Hons) Human Resource Management and will be starting in year 2 of a 3 year course.

Thanks

ALP

Thanks and is the course the same or is Human Resources a brand new course you're studying? It's so we can determine if you're doing a top up course. Thanks, Jason
Reply 7
Thanks and is the course the same or is Human Resources a brand new course you're studying? It's so we can determine if you're doing a top up course. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

No problem. It’s a brand new course, me precious degree was in Policing.

Thanks,

Aimee
Original post by alp308
Hi Jason,

No problem. It’s a brand new course, me precious degree was in Policing.

Thanks,

Aimee

Thanks Aimee,

You should be fine in regards to being fully funded as it's year 2 and not year 1 but an assessors will review and confirm this when you apply. If it's for a course starting in September 24 then these will go live in the spring of next year for you to apply on. Thanks, Jason
Reply 9
Thanks Aimee,

You should be fine in regards to being fully funded as it's year 2 and not year 1 but an assessors will review and confirm this when you apply. If it's for a course starting in September 24 then these will go live in the spring of next year for you to apply on. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

Amazing, thank so for all your help!

Best wishes,

Aimee
Original post by alp308
Hi Jason,

Amazing, thank so for all your help!

Best wishes,

Aimee

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest