The Student Room Group

3rd year placement deferred

Hello I am studying physiotherapy as a second degree . I am in 3rd year and found out I am having a baby, my baby is due in march and my final 8 weeks placement is then . I can complete all the other modules and work required for 3rd year but cannot graduate without my clinical hours . I won’t be able to go back to university until September 2024 when my baby is 6 months old . So have do defer my placement hours owed into a new academic year ! Will I be able to apply for funding from student finance for this academic year for the clinical hours does anyone know pls ? I am beyond worried
Original post by Jen8304
Hello I am studying physiotherapy as a second degree . I am in 3rd year and found out I am having a baby, my baby is due in march and my final 8 weeks placement is then . I can complete all the other modules and work required for 3rd year but cannot graduate without my clinical hours . I won’t be able to go back to university until September 2024 when my baby is 6 months old . So have do defer my placement hours owed into a new academic year ! Will I be able to apply for funding from student finance for this academic year for the clinical hours does anyone know pls ? I am beyond worried

Hi Jen8304,

Yes, you can suspend and resume in the next academic year. If you have already had a repeat year or previous study, you can just upload the birth certificate when available to you with a cover letter to explain your Compelling Personal Reasons, as your Tuition Fee Loan might not be awarded due to your previous study without this evidence.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending