The Student Room Group

Defering offers

Hi,
I've got a place at keele university for child nursing. I was just wondering if it is possible to defer an offer, as I know that some universities will not allow people to defer for nursing. With the new way we are being graded I'm not sure if I will go this year. If anyone has any information about it please comment.
Thanks x
Original post by DaynaH
Hi,
I've got a place at keele university for child nursing. I was just wondering if it is possible to defer an offer, as I know that some universities will not allow people to defer for nursing. With the new way we are being graded I'm not sure if I will go this year. If anyone has any information about it please comment.
Thanks x

Hey! I had similar thoughts about my course and deferring.

Contact the university and find out if it is possible to defer. If they say yes, UCAS to sort something on the system (I was told). If not, some universities recommend just re-applying next year... I know it's not the best but yanno.

The ones I spoke to (regarding Paramedic Science) said deferral is not the ideal option for most universities but contacting each one is the best way to know :smile:
Original post by DaynaH
Hi,
Thanks x

Hi there!

I am a 2nd year nursing student and it has been possible to defer offers for a year! However, you will need to contact the admissions team regarding this as with everything going on with COVID-19, the deferring may be different. You can contact the team here - [email protected]

Hope this helps a little!? If you have any questions please do ask!
First email admissions if they would even allow it, my uni rejected my request of doing deferred entry.
Original post by DaynaH
Hi,
Thanks x

You can ask to defer your offer. But the university is under no obligation to allow you to do this however, it’s completely at their discretion.

Of course you could cancel your place, but you would have to re-apply, with no guarantee of an offer.
Reply 5
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hi there!

I am a 2nd year nursing student and it has been possible to defer offers for a year! However, you will need to contact the admissions team regarding this as with everything going on with COVID-19, the deferring may be different. You can contact the team here - [email protected]

Hope this helps a little!? If you have any questions please do ask!

Hi,
That's really helpful! I'll email them and find out. How are you finding nursing at keele? x
Original post by DaynaH
Hi,
That's really helpful! I'll email them and find out. How are you finding nursing at keele? x

Not a problem!

I am absolutely loving doing my nursing! Obviously at the minute with everything going on, it’s rather stressful but that’s across the board really! Keele have an excellent range of placements though so I feel as though i’ve been able to experience so much already!
Reply 7
Hi,
I deferred my application for Law w proffesional legal practise at Keele to September of this year and I was talking to a friend from another university about it and was told that even though I deferred my entry despite confirming w the uni that they were my firm choice, that I haven't actually got the placement (despite also having the grades). I thought that w a deferred entry that meant I just confirmed my placement for the following year. Is this true or am I incorrect and my application would just be re-entered and compared to the new pool of applicants?
Original post by Chiaraczp
Hi,
I deferred my application for Law w proffesional legal practise at Keele to September of this year and I was talking to a friend from another university about it and was told that even though I deferred my entry despite confirming w the uni that they were my firm choice, that I haven't actually got the placement (despite also having the grades). I thought that w a deferred entry that meant I just confirmed my placement for the following year. Is this true or am I incorrect and my application would just be re-entered and compared to the new pool of applicants?

If UCAS Hub says you are placed at Keele then your friend is talking nonsense.
Reply 9
Original post by Admit-One
If UCAS Hub says you are placed at Keele then your friend is talking nonsense.

All it just says is that my application has been deferred, which is why I'm a little anxious about it as it doesn't explicitly say if I have a place secured.
Original post by Chiaraczp
All it just says is that my application has been deferred, which is why I'm a little anxious about it as it doesn't explicitly say if I have a place secured.

For undergrad you can only defer a confirmed place, not a conditional offer. You should be fine, but you can always contact the uni to confirm that they're ecpecting you to join.

NB. Not sure what your mate is basing his advice on. He's a random student at a different uni?
Reply 11
Original post by Admit-One
For undergrad you can only defer a confirmed place, not a conditional offer. You should be fine, but you can always contact the uni to confirm that they're ecpecting you to join.

NB. Not sure what your mate is basing his advice on. He's a random student at a different uni?

Yeah tbf she's just finished her course so maybe might've been a different system to now so I just wanted to double check. Thank you so much for the help :smile:))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending