The Student Room Group

Think Ahead 2024

I had my assessment day on the 22nd November and received the call yesterday congratulating me on being successful in securing a spot on the 2024 Think Ahead cohort!

I just wanted to create this thread to connect with others that have been successful too, as I impatiently can't wait until July :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CorrieHam
I had my assessment day on the 22nd November and received the call yesterday congratulating me on being successful in securing a spot on the 2024 Think Ahead cohort!

I just wanted to create this thread to connect with others that have been successful too, as I impatiently can't wait until July :smile:

I have just put my application through on Friday do they take 5 weeks or could they be earlier to reply?

And how did you find the think ahead AC ?

And congratulations !!! Well done!
Reply 3
Original post by Shamteacher
I have just put my application through on Friday do they take 5 weeks or could they be earlier to reply?

And how did you find the think ahead AC ?

When I submitted mine it said 3 weeks, so I guess they increase the time based on the amount of applications they are receiving.

I registered my interest and completed the situational judgment test on the 17th October and completed my application 22nd October. They responded to my application inviting me to the next stage on the 3rd November and the next available AC for me was the 22nd November. Had a pre assessment briefing on the 20th November, AC on the 22nd and they confirmed the outcome of the AC that day after on the 23rd.

AC wasn’t that bad, although I convinced myself I failed it so the call the next day was a nice surprise 😂
Well done! What did you have to do iat AC: role play , talk with a service user and was there a presentation too?
Well done! What did you have to do iat AC: role play , talk with a service user and was there a presentation too?

And how long was the process?
Reply 6

Role play, reflection (on the roleplay), Interview, service user (which was them asking you questions similar to the interview), and group discussion. There wasn't any presentation.
Reply 7
And how long was the process?

4 hours, started at half 9 and finished at half 1.
Thank you . Thought there was a presentation. Glad there isn’t one! Thank you
Got an email today asking me to do my videos again! Anyone else got an email about videos!
Hi all

Jumping on this thread as I am currently on my first year of think ahead. About to finish my first placement and break for Christmas. I know when I was applying I really wanted to ask questions to someone who is on the course so I thought I would say hey and I’m happy to answer any questions you may have :smile:
Reply 11

Hello, how soon after the assessment day did you find out? Congratulations on your success.
Reply 12
Original post by Nella124
Hello, how soon after the assessment day did you find out? Congratulations on your success.

Hi thank you! They called the day after.
Whereabouts in the country are you? I've been accepted for 2024 too :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by JaneAlexander
Whereabouts in the country are you? I've been accepted for 2024 too :smile:

Manchester, there are two placement locations near me so hoping I get a placement next year.

Where abouts are you?
Manchester, there are two placement locations near me so hoping I get a placement next year.

Where abouts are you?

Liverpool, also two near me - Birkenhead and Knowsley
Original post by CallmeShan
Hi all

Jumping on this thread as I am currently on my first year of think ahead. About to finish my first placement and break for Christmas. I know when I was applying I really wanted to ask questions to someone who is on the course so I thought I would say hey and I’m happy to answer any questions you may have :smile:

Interested in the difference between working in placement at a local authority vs NHS trust, if that's something you could shed any light on? Thanks!
Reply 17
Original post by CallmeShan
Hi all

Really appreciate you popping on here and saying that! It's so nice to be able to ask someone who's going through it questions so thankyou! This is a random question - Do they provide you with a laptop that you have to work on? Or are you expected to use your own? Only because I'm on the hunt for a new laptop but do not want to buy one if I have to complete work on one provided!

Such a random question ahaha - but have a lovely, well-earned Christmas break!
Reply 18
Original post by bea10369
Really appreciate you popping on here and saying that! It's so nice to be able to ask someone who's going through it questions so thankyou! This is a random question - Do they provide you with a laptop that you have to work on? Or are you expected to use your own? Only because I'm on the hunt for a new laptop but do not want to buy one if I have to complete work on one provided!

Such a random question ahaha - but have a lovely, well-earned Christmas break!

I work in the NHS now and have worked with the council too. They will provide you a laptop or desktop (depending on role suitability). You will not be able to access certain software needed on your personal device.
Reply 19
Original post by JaneAlexander
Interested in the difference between working in placement at a local authority vs NHS trust, if that's something you could shed any light on? Thanks!

Hi Jane, I have worked for both in a business capacity and there isn't much difference. They both work in similar ways and they are often partnered and do a lot of joint working in certain areas. The NHS trust I currently work with are joint with the local authority, I have an ID badge for both.

Quick Reply

Latest