The Student Room Group

Can I do a computer science degree in a good uni with double btec ict

I’m currently in sixth form doing a level maths, btec business and double ICT. Im wondering if I can get into a UNI to do a computer science degree through double ict but I’m not sure.
Reply 1
Original post by Lanceyhhhhh
I’m currently in sixth form doing a level maths, btec business and double ICT. Im wondering if I can get into a UNI to do a computer science degree through double ict but I’m not sure.

Of course you can. Here are the entry requirements for MMU
https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/bsc-computer-science

It is easy to find. Just Google <enter uni name here> computer science and look for entry requirements.

I can't believe how many young people I have to teach to use Google. Do young people not find the answer to basic questions on Google any more?

Good luck!
Yes, if you go to the entry requirements on any course and scroll down through the qualification type, it will tell you. Most do, apart from oxbridge and the really competitive London ones.
Its the A level maths that is the most important one to have.
Original post by Lanceyhhhhh

Hi Lancey,

Yes you can! I'd recommend looking at a few unis entry requirements to see what you need. This will give you a good idea of what is needed to get in but also the grades to aspire to if you have some unis that you prefer already!

I'm currently in my second year doing Computer Science at Heriot so if you have any questions about CS at uni please feel free to ask :smile:

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending