The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Btec Entry for computer science at Queen Mary University

I'm currently a Year 12 student studying BTEC ICT. I really want to get into Queen Mary University and do Computer Science, does anybody who goes Queen Mary and does Computer Science know if the university takes BTEC in 2022-2023?
(edited 2 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2

I'm asking if they take in btec now, bc that person applied for queen mary back in 2019
Original post by JKzi
I'm currently a Year 12 student studying BTEC ICT. I really want to get into Queen Mary University and do Computer Science, does anybody who goes Queen Mary and does Computer Science know if the university takes BTEC in 2022-2023?

Hi,

The website says the following BTEC is allowed for BSc Computer Science:

"RQF Computing only

Grade B or 5 in GCSE Mathematics is required in addition to the BTEC"

Please note, this is only for the Bachelors not the Masters in Computer Science. BTECs are not accepted on MSc.

This info can be found at https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/entry/btec/#d.en.639831.

I hope this helps! :smile:

- Liv, Student Ambassador and Official Rep
Reply 4
Original post by LivQMUL
Hi,

"RQF Computing only

Please note, this is only for the Bachelors not the Masters in Computer Science. BTECs are not accepted on MSc.

This info can be found at https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/entry/btec/#d.en.639831.

Hello,

Thank you so much for replying, I really do appreciate it!

Im hoping to end this year (yr 12) with a grade of D* and have a predicted grade of triple D* next year so that I can apply to Queen Mary soon!

Once again Thank you for replying.
Reply 5
Original post by LivQMUL
Hi,

"RQF Computing only

Hello,

I have another question, as it says that the university will only take RQF Computing, does that mean that the university will not accept/consider any BTEC ICT students?

Hope to get a reply soon, Thanks!
Original post by JKzi
Hello,

I have another question, as it says that the university will only take RQF Computing, does that mean that the university will not accept/consider any BTEC ICT students?

Hey!

As the website states that the only BTEC they accept is RQF Computing, then I would assume that they won't consider any others. Again, the link to the full entry requirements is the following: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/entry/btec/#d.en.639831.

I don't know loads about BTECs so if you wanted to triple check this, you can email the academic school for computer science. The best email for this would be [email protected].

Hope this helps :smile:

Original post by JKzi
Hello,

Hi,
I think it means computer science and RQF is the specification they use .
Original post by LivQMUL
Hi,

"RQF Computing only

Hi , is computer science in queen Mary oversubscribed?

also have students who studied btec computing got offers from QMUL ?
Reply 9
Original post by JKzi

Don't listen to the utter rubbish from @LivQMUL
I did and got rejected for not meeting the subject requirements.
If you're applying for computer science with Btec level 3 in computing, theirs plenty of better options than queen mary, they are literally the worst Russel group, ranked at like 70, and the school is losing its title due to stupidity from admissions team!
SAVE YOUR TIME AND DON'T APPLY
Original post by joseph100
Don't listen to the utter rubbish from @LivQMUL
I did and got rejected for not meeting the subject requirements.
If you're applying for computer science with Btec level 3 in computing, theirs plenty of better options than queen mary, they are literally the worst Russel group, ranked at like 70, and the school is losing its title due to stupidity from admissions team!
SAVE YOUR TIME AND DON'T APPLY

did you apply with btec it, im scared that ill get rejcted aswell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending