The Student Room Group

Differences between Information Technology and Business Information Technology

I want to study Information Technology at Manchester Metropolitan Uni but when i search it up on UCAS it came up with Business Information Technology. am not really sure if they are the same courses or different, could you please explain this.
"Information Technology" and "Business Information Technology" are related but distinct fields of study.

Information Technology (IT): This generally focuses on the technical aspects of computing, including programming, network management, cybersecurity, and software development. IT programs provide a broader understanding of technology and its applications.

Business Information Technology (BIT): BIT programs often combine IT skills with business knowledge. Students learn how technology is applied in the business context. This can include areas like business analysis, IT project management, and using technology to enhance business operations.

In the context of university courses, "Business Information Technology" might incorporate business modules alongside IT modules. However, it's essential to carefully review the course details and modules offered by Manchester Metropolitan University to understand the specific focus of their "Business Information Technology" program. If you're interested in a more technical IT education, you might want to explore pure "Information Technology" programs at the same university or elsewhere. Always check the course descriptions and talk to the university's admissions or academic advisors for clarification.

Good Luck!
Fatima
LSBU Student Rep

Original post by JesterKamala
I want to study Information Technology at Manchester Metropolitan Uni but when i search it up on UCAS it came up with Business Information Technology. am not really sure if they are the same courses or different, could you please explain this.
Original post by JesterKamala

Hi @JesterKamala
Our BSc (Hons) Business Technology degree gives you the skills needed in a modern business environment. You’ll learn to identify business challenges, find technological solutions, manage technology projects and services, and analyse business data. In summary, the course combines IT skills with business knowledge and is a more business-focused degree than computing-focused.

If you'd like to learn more about the course, I'd recommend coming along to our next Open Day on 25th November where you'll have the chance to meet the course tutors and ask any questions you may have :smile:

I hope this helps!!

Chloe :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending