The Student Room Group

Kent vs oxford brookes

I have got an offer from both and wondering which one is best for business information technology. Also which one is best for master or which one gives the best chance of getting into Oxbridge in the future? Would love all oyur input
Original post by Anonymous
I have got an offer from both and wondering which one is best for business information technology. Also which one is best for master or which one gives the best chance of getting into Oxbridge in the future? Would love all oyur input
Hi, congratulations on your offers!
I can’t say which uni would be best for you, however both courses are reputable so I’d advise you to compare the course modules, university campus vibes and the cities to see which you’d enjoy more. For example Oxford is quite a chilled out city with a lot of nature and beautiful architecture, so it’d just depend on your preferences. For oxbridge, I think acceptance depends more on academic grades achieved, extracurricular activities and work experience acquired. So I think choosing the course you’d enjoy most and excel in is key. Good luck with your decision!
Noor, Oxford Brookes official rep 😄

Hi there

Congratulations on receiving your offers. 🙂 I do not study the course, so unfortunately I am not able to provide a comparison between the Universities. Having a look at ranking tables online may be a useful tool for your comparison. I would echo the advice above: I think whilst Universities may consider what University you have been to Undergraduate courses, it is about your application as a whole that counts. For example: having strong academic grades and work experiences, as well as extra-curricular activities may boost your chances of getting into Oxbridge. When deciding which University to go to, you can also consider other factors: such as the campus, the modules that you will study, etc.

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Hi there! These two unis were my top two as well as both have reputable business schools, but as a second year Business and Management student at Oxford Brookes i'd have to say I highly recommend it and while i'm sure you'd have a good time at both I think of the two Oxford Brookes is much nicer with probably a better course for the most part as well! But of course it'll be different for everyone so definitely take your time with the decision

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending