The Student Room Group

Are kids getting smarter?

Someone hooked me in to work on a collaboration project for an app.

I just met my team members.

My team lead is still in uni year 2.
And everyone else is like 20, 30+...: 😭
Reply 1
Not really. They just grow up with different skillsets because they are emerged into new technology etc earlier.
I doubt it. On the contrary, I have the impression that the most kids are getting stupider.
Reply 3
When I was in uni I couldn't code, let alone lead 😭

Was busy getting drunk ....
Not likely
Original post by Kallisto
I doubt it. On the contrary, I have the impression that the most kids are getting stupider.

I knew this was going to come up :lol:
Original post by iL1L
I knew this was going to come up :lol:

If you like that I tell you a lie... but I think that I can even name reasons you may understand.
If you like that I tell you a lie... but I think that I can even name reasons you may understand.

I don't understand, sorry :confused:
Original post by iL1L
I don't understand, sorry :confused:

I don't think that the kids got smarter, but if I tell you that, I lie to you. And I think to know reasons why the kids are stupider nowadays.
I don't think that the kids got smarter, but if I tell you that, I lie to you. And I think to know reasons why the kids are stupider nowadays.

Ok...
Reply 10
He is giving me instructions over zoom and he's not telling me what to click, but what short key to push 😭

He memorised all the keyboard shortcuts.

I think I met a wizkid...
Haahhahahaah good one
I wouldn't say kids are getting smarter. I think it depends. Some kids are very smart and some are less, I think it's always been that way. You just happened to come across a really smart one.
Original post by HucktheForde
Someone hooked me in to work on a collaboration project for an app.

I just met my team members.

My team lead is still in uni year 2.
And everyone else is like 20, 30+...: 😭

Information is just easier to access now with technology. Also, some kids/people absorb information like a sponge :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest