The Student Room Group

Dentistry application

Hi I was wondering how important GCSEs are for dentistry applications. Can a poor performance in GCSEs be alleviated by a great UCAT score? I’m particularly interested in king’s college London. I averaged a grade 7.4 in GCSEs which I understand isn’t that good for competitive courses like dentistry. Do I have a chance at an interview? Perhaps only with a great UCAT and personal statement? Or do I have no hope?
Reply 1
Hiya, you definitely do have hope! UCAT is probably the most important factor in a dentistry but kings do also take GCSEs into consideration. I think they weigh the UCAT 50% and GCSEs at 40% then 10% for contextual information. I think you have a fair shot at getting in as your GCSEs aren’t below average.
Original post by student1931
Hi I was wondering how important GCSEs are for dentistry applications. Can a poor performance in GCSEs be alleviated by a great UCAT score? I’m particularly interested in king’s college London. I averaged a grade 7.4 in GCSEs which I understand isn’t that good for competitive courses like dentistry. Do I have a chance at an interview? Perhaps only with a great UCAT and personal statement? Or do I have no hope?

look at the dentistry school guide and then go to the actual websites to check gcse requirements also apply to programmes if ur eligible as some lower entry requirements or can guarantee u an interview im in probably a worse situation in terms of grades but i want to go into medicine and have started to do this and have found a decent amount of programmes
Entry requirements for UK dental schools
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest