The Student Room Group

French, German and Arabic at University

I really want to study these three languages at university but want to know more about the workload and balance. How is it? And out of these Universities, who actually offers them as a course?
- surrey, bath, southampton, SOAS, Reading, Royal Holloway, UCL, Bristol or any in London
Original post by amel.z0
I really want to study these three languages at university but want to know more about the workload and balance. How is it? And out of these Universities, who actually offers them as a course?
- surrey, bath, southampton, SOAS, Reading, Royal Holloway, UCL, Bristol or any in London

Hi there!

Surrey offers French and German BA, which sounds very interesting 🙂 In addition to that, the university offers free, extra language modules through the Global Graduate Award in Languages (GGA), which include all the languages you're looking for (Arabic TBC), albeit at lower levels compared to a degree. I did Spanish in my first year and French in my second.

Nonetheless, do visit the links I added and see if it sparks any interest (it did for me!)

Hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Original post by amel.z0

Hi there,

Please find information for our Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures undergraduate course here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/undergraduate/languages-literatures-and-cultures/modern-languages/

I hope this helps,

Royal Holloway, University of London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending