The Student Room Group

Wifi help

I cannot get wifi in one of the rooms. How can I sort this out? is there a gadget I can buy to help?
Reply 1
We have BT WiFi booster disks in some rooms and they work great. Although they aren't cheap.
Reply 2
Original post by Kutie Karen
I cannot get wifi in one of the rooms. How can I sort this out? is there a gadget I can buy to help?

More context needed.

Where are these rooms? In your home, university accommodation, an office building? Is it your wifi network or someone else's?

If it's your home and you're paying the bills then you probably have a lot of options. If it's someone else's building and their network then the options will be different and more limited.
Reply 3
Original post by martin7
More context needed.

Where are these rooms? In your home, university accommodation, an office building? Is it your wifi network or someone else's?

If it's your home and you're paying the bills then you probably have a lot of options. If it's someone else's building and their network then the options will be different and more limited.

Oh I see. At home back of the house and pay the bills.
Reply 4
Original post by Ajtydeman
We have BT WiFi booster disks in some rooms and they work great. Although they aren't cheap.

I have not heard of these Do you have to be with BT? how much would they cost and do you need one for each room?
Reply 5
I have not heard of these Do you have to be with BT? how much would they cost and do you need one for each room?

We have EE WiFi but BT disks as they all work together. In total we have 3 disks as one has to be kept next to the main EE WiFi thingy for it to work. The other 2 are opposite sides of the house and every room has lightning fast WiFi speeds now. £180 for 3 disks on Amazon but much cheaper second hand or refurbished. It doesn’t matter which WiFi provider you are with, and you don’t need to have one in every room. We have none upstairs but WiFi still works great upstairs.
Reply 6
Original post by Ajtydeman
We have EE WiFi but BT disks as they all work together. In total we have 3 disks as one has to be kept next to the main EE WiFi thingy for it to work. The other 2 are opposite sides of the house and every room has lightning fast WiFi speeds now. £180 for 3 disks on Amazon but much cheaper second hand or refurbished. It doesn’t matter which WiFi provider you are with, and you don’t need to have one in every room. We have none upstairs but WiFi still works great upstairs.

Fantastic. I will check that out. Is there anything to do technically like setting it up and so on
Reply 7
Fantastic. I will check that out. Is there anything to do technically like setting it up and so on

It comes with an app that does all the setting up and it does signal strength tests to show you the best places to put the disks. It takes up to half an hour to set up 1 disk.👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending