The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

College, off-campus housing in Durham, or Newcastle?

Hello, I am an incoming international student (PhD). I don't mind sharing bathrooms and other facilities with strangers. The most important thing to me is wifi service and the proximity of laundry room. Please help me choose!
Original post by chile1234
Hello, I am an incoming international student (PhD). I don't mind sharing bathrooms and other facilities with strangers. The most important thing to me is wifi service and the proximity of laundry room. Please help me choose!

Hello!

Based on your preferences, perhaps consider college accommodation as all colleges rely on the Durham University wifi which is quite reliable and strong. Since laundry rooms are shared, they're likely to be located in your accommodation building which is quite convenient, although you do have to pay to use the washing machine. Another option is private accommodation, which is very similar to college accommodation except there are studio flat options so that you don't have to share facilities (there are also options to share facilities), and the laundry rooms are located in the building and the wifi is solid.
Hope this helps!
-Ghala
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest