The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

does the university of st andrews accept IB/a level resits?

ive looked at freedom of information requests and cant find a straight answer. does anyone know if the university only accept them with extenuating circumstances or if they mind at all? (I'm not applying to medicine)
Have you looked at their website?
Phoned them up to ask them?

Those are both more likely to get you answers than looking through FOI requests
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I emailed them a couple of days ago and this is what they said:

We do not have a general policy on resits at St Andrews. We operate a contextual admissions process, which means that we will consider your qualifications in the context in which they were attained. It is worth noting, however, that generally resits or results over two sittings may make an application less competitive.
Original post by Anonymous
I emailed them a couple of days ago and this is what they said:

We do not have a general policy on resits at St Andrews. We operate a contextual admissions process, which means that we will consider your qualifications in the context in which they were attained. It is worth noting, however, that generally resits or results over two sittings may make an application less competitive.

That sounds like they would take extenuating circumstances into account then - just make sure your referee explains the circumstances in your reference and then follow it up by emailing them directly to ask if they require any evidence https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/apply/ug/after/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending