The Student Room Group

Having a gf with adhd

My gf has adhd and leads to her acting on impulsivity . Recently she was very restless and bored so I offered her stuff we can do just to make her feel upbeat. She spat squash in my face and immediately apologised afterwards. I was very upset and I just don’t know how to tell her that the stuff she does due to adhd really affects me. I try to be understanding try not to annoy her since she’s easily irritable. I’m just trying my hardest.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My gf has adhd and leads to her acting on impulsivity . Recently she was very restless and bored so I offered her stuff we can do just to make her feel upbeat. She spat squash in my face and immediately apologised afterwards. I was very upset and I just don’t know how to tell her that the stuff she does due to adhd really affects me. I try to be understanding try not to annoy her since she’s easily irritable. I’m just trying my hardest.

Relationships are about and only about communication. If you can't tell her basic stuff like how her behaviour upsets you, then what is the point in continuing in your relationship with her. Communicate. If she gets upset, that isn't because you have upset her. She has chosen to feel upset when confronted with her behaviour.
ADHD doesn't cause people to go around spitting in people's faces, it really doesn't. Your gf is taking the ****.
Reply 3
Original post by hotpud
Relationships are about and only about communication. If you can't tell her basic stuff like how her behaviour upsets you, then what is the point in continuing in your relationship with her. Communicate. If she gets upset, that isn't because you have upset her. She has chosen to feel upset when confronted with her behaviour.

I told asked her why would she do that and she said she don’t know and she’s sorry. After she distanced herself from me like I done something wrong.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I told asked her why would she do that and she said she don’t know and she’s sorry. After she distanced herself from me like I done something wrong.

Sorry to hear this. You could ask her why she has distanced herself, but it sounds like she is struggling with this as well. You can control your own behaviours but you can't control other people's. Perhaps time might heal? Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending