The Student Room Group

Important about gcse

Hi, I hope you all are doing well.
THIS post is about how I can achieve good grades for all subjects in short amount of time, in 1 and half month. IF anyone can help me it would be appreciated and this is really really important that someone responses me as soon as possible because I don't have much time left.
SUBJECTS that I study with specification and my current grades that I am working on.
-Computer science (edexcel): Paper 1: grade 3 Paper 2: grade 3/4
I really struggle with this subject pls let me know if anyone have any suggestions for revision. I want to at least get grade 5 or maximum 6 in computer science in my real GCSEs.

-Geography (edexcel A): Paper 1: grade 6 Paper 2: grade 5 Paper 3: grade unknown (haven't done mock exam on paper 3 yet)
I struggle to revise so much content for geography. I really struggle with 8 marker questions as I always get around 2-3 marks every time because I don't understand the wording of the question. pls let me know if anyone can help me.

-Health and social care (edexcel - Level 1/2 - Btec): grade unknown - I don't understand how to really study for component 3 exam on health and wellbeing.

-Maths (edexcel): Grade 5 - predicted grade 8 and I want to take this subject as A level so I am really worried about how I am going to get grade 7 or grade 8 in maths. Please help me how to study for this subject. Please list all the harder topics that appear at the end of papers so I can focus on those topics. Please list every single grade 8/9 topics so I can focus on them.

- science (AQA - combined higher): grade unknown for combined higher but before I was use to do combined science: Biology grade 5, Chemistry grade 3, Physics grade 4. Please let me know how I can achieve at least grade 6 in combined higher science. I want to achieve grade 6/7 in bio, grade 5/6 in chemistry and grade 6 in physics so please help me.

-Englsih (AQA): eng lit: grade 6 and eng lang: grade 4. I really sttruglle with English so please help me as I am really worried. I want to achieve at least grade 6/7 in literature and grade 5/6 in language.

MOST IMPORTANT
I will be having English speaking exam in about 3 days as a part of English gcse. I am really worried as I am really shy, quiet and nervous because I have not spoken in front of people before, specially in English. I have to give a speech in front of class on any topic and my teacher will ask me some questions. I am so tensed and worried how I am going to speak, I am worried that I don't say something wrong or I don't speak differently. please help me how to prepare for English specking exam.

I hope someone will look at this and will be able to help me in this situation.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Harman Kaur
Hi, I hope you all are doing well.
THIS post is about how I can achieve good grades for all subjects in short amount of time, in 1 and half month. IF anyone can help me it would be appreciated and this is really really important that someone responses me as soon as possible because I don't have much time left.
SUBJECTS that I study with specification and my current grades that I am working on.
-Computer science (edexcel): Paper 1: grade 3 Paper 2: grade 3/4
I really struggle with this subject pls let me know if anyone have any suggestions for revision. I want to at least get grade 5 or maximum 6 in computer science in my real GCSEs.

-Geography (edexcel A): Paper 1: grade 6 Paper 2: grade 5 Paper 3: grade unknown (haven't done mock exam on paper 3 yet)
I struggle to revise so much content for geography. I really struggle with 8 marker questions as I always get around 2-3 marks every time because I don't understand the wording of the question. pls let me know if anyone can help me.

-Health and social care (edexcel - Level 1/2 - Btec): grade unknown - I don't understand how to really study for component 3 exam on health and wellbeing.

-Maths (edexcel): Grade 5 - predicted grade 8 and I want to take this subject as A level so I am really worried about how I am going to get grade 7 or grade 8 in maths. Please help me how to study for this subject. Please list all the harder topics that appear at the end of papers so I can focus on those topics. Please list every single grade 8/9 topics so I can focus on them.

- science (AQA - combined higher): grade unknown for combined higher but before I was use to do combined science: Biology grade 5, Chemistry grade 3, Physics grade 4. Please let me know how I can achieve at least grade 6 in combined higher science. I want to achieve grade 6/7 in bio, grade 5/6 in chemistry and grade 6 in physics so please help me.

-Englsih (AQA): eng lit: grade 6 and eng lang: grade 4. I really sttruglle with English so please help me as I am really worried. I want to achieve at least grade 6/7 in literature and grade 5/6 in language.

MOST IMPORTANT
I will be having English speaking exam in about 3 days as a part of English gcse. I am really worried as I am really shy, quiet and nervous because I have not spoken in front of people before, specially in English. I have to give a speech in front of class on any topic and my teacher will ask me some questions. I am so tensed and worried how I am going to speak, I am worried that I don't say something wrong or I don't speak differently. please help me how to prepare for English specking exam.

I hope someone will look at this and will be able to help me in this situation.

Thanks
Hey! The only one I can really talk about is the English Speaking exam because I did that a year early. My issue with it was I chose a topic that I wasn't super passionate about (not sure if you get to choose your own topics) so it wasn't like second nature to talk about it, it flows so much better if you know and like what you talk about. Also, don't talk too fast or too hurried. I know there is a time limit but it's not too deep of you go past it. I don't actually know anyone who failed, so even if you think you messed up you'll end up being fine. There was a girl who came out crying because she thought she did that bad but she ended up getting a pass. Juszt don't overthink in the moment, just relax. The grade (pass, merit or distinction) doesn't actually count towards anything at the end, as in it doesnt alter your grade for your actual English Lang/Lit gcses, it will just be written on the side of your certificate or something. And with the questions that the teacher asks, they're usually really simple questions and you don't have to go into depth with them. Time dependent they'll ask you 2-3 but they won't be too hard. Just make sure you fully understand your topic and you've done research around it to deepen your knowledge. Questions they like asking tend to be ones based around your own opinions and experiences like "What could you change to improve [your topic]" for example. You could also look up questions that teachers have asked in the past to get a better understanding. I think that's about it but if there's anything else you want to ask about the speaking exam just lmk!
Original post by itsriona
Hey! The only one I can really talk about is the English Speaking exam because I did that a year early. My issue with it was I chose a topic that I wasn't super passionate about (not sure if you get to choose your own topics) so it wasn't like second nature to talk about it, it flows so much better if you know and like what you talk about. Also, don't talk too fast or too hurried. I know there is a time limit but it's not too deep of you go past it. I don't actually know anyone who failed, so even if you think you messed up you'll end up being fine. There was a girl who came out crying because she thought she did that bad but she ended up getting a pass. Juszt don't overthink in the moment, just relax. The grade (pass, merit or distinction) doesn't actually count towards anything at the end, as in it doesnt alter your grade for your actual English Lang/Lit gcses, it will just be written on the side of your certificate or something. And with the questions that the teacher asks, they're usually really simple questions and you don't have to go into depth with them. Time dependent they'll ask you 2-3 but they won't be too hard. Just make sure you fully understand your topic and you've done research around it to deepen your knowledge. Questions they like asking tend to be ones based around your own opinions and experiences like "What could you change to improve [your topic]" for example. You could also look up questions that teachers have asked in the past to get a better understanding. I think that's about it but if there's anything else you want to ask about the speaking exam just lmk!
thanks, that was really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest