The Student Room Group

What sets you apart from other applicants?

I am applying for work experience at a law firm. What would be the best way to go about answering this question?
Original post by hicweondksc
I am applying for work experience at a law firm. What would be the best way to go about answering this question?

Hi @hicweondksc,

One of the most important things is to ensure that you answer the question! There isn't a set answer to this question by any means just set out all of the experiences and transferrable skills you have from different walks of your life that will make you a good lawyer. I would recommend really analysing everything you have done to date even if it doesn't seem relevant at a cursory glance as most things will be relevant somehow :smile:

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie
Reply 2
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi @hicweondksc,

One of the most important things is to ensure that you answer the question! There isn't a set answer to this question by any means just set out all of the experiences and transferrable skills you have from different walks of your life that will make you a good lawyer. I would recommend really analysing everything you have done to date even if it doesn't seem relevant at a cursory glance as most things will be relevant somehow :smile:

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie

Thank you! I have a better idea of how to reply now.
Reply 3
Original post by hicweondksc

Hi!

I think that you should talk about the experiences that you have and the skills that you developed from those experiences. What I would recommend is to check the law firm website where they detail the skills that they look for in a trainee and then pick out the experiences that you have had which show that you have developed those skills. I know that the Commercial Law Academy has a great course on writing successful applications, where the founder talks about how to relate the skills you have developed to the experiences you have had. I think it could really help you!!
Reply 4
Original post by Kb00
Hi!

I think that you should talk about the experiences that you have and the skills that you developed from those experiences. What I would recommend is to check the law firm website where they detail the skills that they look for in a trainee and then pick out the experiences that you have had which show that you have developed those skills. I know that the Commercial Law Academy has a great course on writing successful applications, where the founder talks about how to relate the skills you have developed to the experiences you have had. I think it could really help you!!

I’ll check it out, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending