The Student Room Group

Economics IRP

Hi guys!! Im in year 12 and I have to do an “IRP” (Independent Research Project) on a question in Economics. I have to choose the question myself and there are prizes for the best essays. I want my topic to be really niche, unique and captivating (and it needs to not be based in the A Level Economics curriculum) Does anyone have suggestions for a really specific, maybe even weird, question that’ll set me apart from others in my school ? Also, I’ve already done an essay for a school competition on rational theory so I’d like something very different to broaden my range.
Original post by lili__1
Hi guys!! Im in year 12 and I have to do an “IRP” (Independent Research Project) on a question in Economics. I have to choose the question myself and there are prizes for the best essays. I want my topic to be really niche, unique and captivating (and it needs to not be based in the A Level Economics curriculum) Does anyone have suggestions for a really specific, maybe even weird, question that’ll set me apart from others in my school ? Also, I’ve already done an essay for a school competition on rational theory so I’d like something very different to broaden my range.

If part of what you're assessed on is question selection, don't you think it's important you do this yourself? Otherwise it's a bit unfair for others also doing a project.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by BenRyan99
If part of what you're assessed on is question selection, don't you think it's important you do this yourself? Otherwise it's a bit unfair for others also doing a project.

Not necessarily !! My teachers said we are allowed to seek outer sources for the question itself. We’re allowed to use questions from the internet or ones they suggest. I just want to stand out more because a more niche topic will set me apart. The topic itself might not garner my any points - it’s my job to narrow down the question, do the research and write the essay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending