The Student Room Group

Diagnostic radiography personal statement

Hii, so ive written my diagnostic radiography personal statement and close to sending of my application but I feel like I might be missing some things? Or just not mentioned everything I can? So if anyone has anything I should definitely mention even if you think I’ve already mentioned it!! I also don’t have any work experience so any advice to get around that is welcomed please xx
Original post by berrybeom
Hii, so ive written my diagnostic radiography personal statement and close to sending of my application but I feel like I might be missing some things? Or just not mentioned everything I can? So if anyone has anything I should definitely mention even if you think I’ve already mentioned it!! I also don’t have any work experience so any advice to get around that is welcomed please xx

Diagnostic Radiography is a great choice!

:bee: For structure of your personal statement we recommend thinking about ABC, throughout the application:

Activity- What have you done inside or outside of school or colleges that sets you apart from other applicants?

Benefit - How has this activity helped you to develop as an individual?

Course - How do these attributes demonstrate that you will succeed on your chosen course at university?

In regards, to work experience and volunteering, please follow these links, which will be useful to mention in your personal statement:

Another key thing to mention in your personal statement is what transferrable skills you have developed such as communication, leadership and being able to prioritise work, along with being committed and flexible. All of these can be through providing evidence from part-time jobs or previous hobbies/ interests.

Hope that helps!

Good Luck. :thumbsup:

Certainly, here's a shorter version:

Emphasize your passion for diagnostic radiography.
Highlight transferable skills.
Mention academic achievements.
Discuss personal attributes.
Include any relevant extracurricular activities.
Explain your long-term career goals.
Address your lack of work experience honestly, and mention any shadowing or online courses related to radiography.
Reply 3

Hi there Berry,

I am a Radiographer and if you'd like I could have a look over your personal statement if you need🙂
Reply 4
Original post by MindMentor
Hi there Berry,

I am a Radiographer and if you'd like I could have a look over your personal statement if you need🙂

Hii, I’ve actually already sent off my application but thank you soo much xx but I have got two interviews coming up so any advice for that would be wonderful 😌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending