The Student Room Group

Personal statement advice needed.

Help!!
I need help with how I should write my personal statement. I want to apply for an immunology course at different unis but it seems at some unis immunology is under a different course, for example at Imperial immunology is under microbiology and biological sciences, so if I was to say that I want to study immunology when applying to the microbiology course would it harm my chances of getting in. Would I need to change the personal statement slightly to fit the specific course?
Original post by leoleo17
Help!!
I need help with how I should write my personal statement. I want to apply for an immunology course at different unis but it seems at some unis immunology is under a different course, for example at Imperial immunology is under microbiology and biological sciences, so if I was to say that I want to study immunology when applying to the microbiology course would it harm my chances of getting in. Would I need to change the personal statement slightly to fit the specific course?

Firstly it is fantastic that you have thought about the different universities and what they offer. :smile:

We would usually recommend as you are applying to a variety of different universities, don't specifically say you only want to apply for immunology as like you've mentioned above, some teach it under different courses. This will therefore enable you to write one personal statement, which will cover all university courses. Remember to focus on the similarities across all the different university courses.

Instead of specifically stating immunology as a course highlight it as you have a personal interest within immunology. This will enable you to also incorporate reasons why and how it links to your future career prospects. :banana:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending