The Student Room Group

How to decide which uni to be my safe option?

I am eager to pursue a career in the biomedical sector, my passions extend to the immunology, microbiology, and genetic engineering aspects of biomedicine. My GSCE results are as follows: Biology: 9, English language: 9, English literature: 9, Physics: 8, Chemistry: 8. My predicted A Level results are; A*, A*, A. Which universities would you recommend for me to apply as for my safe option?
Somewhere you could genuinely see yourself studying at. Check out the locations and modules on offer.

With those grades, I would aim for AAA to AAB so that if an A level goes wrong on the day, you will still meet the grades.

Where and what are you applying for your aspirational choices?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by zumrut
I am eager to pursue a career in the biomedical sector, my passions extend to the immunology, microbiology, and genetic engineering aspects of biomedicine. My GSCE results are as follows: Biology: 9, English language: 9, English literature: 9, Physics: 8, Chemistry: 8. My predicted A Level results are; A*, A*, A. Which universities would you recommend for me to apply as for my safe option?

Depends on your preference and the entry requirements.

I would suggest: York, Surrey Uni, Southampton, Birmingham and Manchester.
Reply 3
Original post by totallyfine
Somewhere you could genuinely see yourself studying at. Check out the locations and modules on offer.

With those grades, I would aim for AAA to AAB so that if an A level goes wrong on the day, you will still meet the grades.

Where and what are you applying for your aspirational choices?

Thank you do much for your feedback. I am planning to apply: Oxford, Nottingham, King's, ucll as 4 options. What do you think?
(edited 7 months ago)
I think Some of those choices will be very competitive and so will be risky even with your high grades. So you definitely need at least one really safe choice as a safety net. The previous posters suggestions are good, Surrey has very reasonable grade requirements for example.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending