The Student Room Group

i have no friends

ive just started sixthform this September r and i just feel like i genuinely have no friends anymore.

i decided to stay in my school for sixthform and i knew i shouldnt have really as i already felt like i had hardly anyone last year and wanted a new start at college but after id heard sixthform colleges arent great i got scared and ended up just staying.

Anyways, i have one friend who ive been best friends with since like year 8 but it just doesnt feel the same anymore.sure we have good fun and jokes but it doesnt feel like a real friendship she just the same anymore and i feel like we’ve just got completely different interests now,like we have hardly anything in common anymore and i just want someone more like me i guess

So basically anyone i talk to just doesnt really seem to want to talk to me back and i cant really seem to understand why they all just give a "i dont really wanna talk to u" vibe feel if you get me so all i do now is just go home study watch some telly or go on my phone and sleep and especially now as my only friend got a boyfriend she doesnt talk to me much online anymore

any help ?????!!!!!!
I think the best option is joining clubs/volunteering.Not only does it add to ur cv/ucas it will mean u meet newpeople.During my gap year I felt I needed to meet new people,but bored of my old mates. So I signed up to volunteerand joined a few sports clubs. It becomes so easy to talkto people when playing sports - me being a boy idk if it’sdifferent for girls but I can imagine it works the same way.A team sport like football you develop friendship quickly -honestly best thing to do.Id say recommend sports teams, volunteering and maybejust speaking to new people as much as u can at ur sixthform. Just go over to friendly people and speak to themabout the subjects they do, mocks coming up, how theyfeel about a current situation in life - anything urinterested in really.Some people say ‘this is not me, I don’t speak to peoplelike that’ and my response is and always will be; simplychange!! Come out of your shell. Craft a better person outof yourself. Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending