The Student Room Group

University Rejection

Can I email the university I have been rejected on for feedback to further information on my UCAS application?

Update:
I sent an email last night and got a reply this morning! It was still vague but I guess I tried.
(edited 5 months ago)
You could, but there is a high chance that they might not reply back.
You are one among thousands and thousands who have been rejected and it does seem kind of pointless because asking for a reason won't get you an offer.

One of the main things to take into consideration is to say why you want to study the course? What skills do you have? Why is this your passion? Include extra curricular activities and roles. Always do other things related to your course outside of school hours, such as extra reading, attending lectures, doing online courses.
thank you
Original post by student2208
Can I email the university I have been rejected on for feedback to further information on my UCAS application?

Find the university admissions policy and follow the instructions on there to request additional feedback.

Was there no rejection reason on UCAS hub when you clicked into the choice?

I would say its worth asking - especially if your application was strong ie predicted grades much higher than entry requirements, strong academic reference and excellent GCSE results. Again it will depend on the Uni and the course - but I would say its worth it - even if just for peace of mind.
No harm in asking, but depending on the uni they may have a policy not give any specific feedback.

Update:
I sent an email last night and got a reply this morning! It was still vague but I guess I tried.

Hey, how did you phrase the email? I also need to email a university regarding rejection.
Reply 7
If you know why you were rejected - because they added this information to the rejection decision on UCAS, your predicted grades were way below the entry requirements, or you know you didnt meet the GCSE Maths requirement etc, please do not waste everyone's time in asking for 'feedback".

However, if there isn't an obvious reason, then a simple email like this would be fine :
My UCAS id is ....... I applied for ...... but my application was made Unsuccessful.
Please could I request feedback on my application?"
or something similar.

Just be aware that some Unis dont reply to feedback requests until after Easter, because they are too busy making decisions on all their other applications.
Original post by McGinger
If you know why you were rejected - because they added this information to the rejection decision on UCAS, your predicted grades were way below the entry requirements, or you know you didnt meet the GCSE Maths requirement etc, please do not waste everyone's time in asking for 'feedback".

However, if there isn't an obvious reason, then a simple email like this would be fine :
My UCAS id is ....... I applied for ...... but my application was made Unsuccessful.
Please could I request feedback on my application?"
or something similar.

Just be aware that some Unis dont reply to feedback requests until after Easter, because they are too busy making decisions on all their other applications.

I emailed them and they replied back the next day which was surprising but nice.
Original post by damadkjdajk
Hey, how did you phrase the email? I also need to email a university regarding rejection.

To whom this may concern,
I recently applied to the dental surgery course (COURSE ID) and got rejected. Firstly, I would like to say thank you for considering my application. Secondly, I was wondering if I could possible get more feedback on my application itself.

My UCAS ID is __________.
Thank you again.
Kind Regards,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending