The Student Room Group

Flat mate pacing the kitchen at 3am eating ham out the packet?

Just moved into the halls last week and I stay up quite late in my room but I went into the kitchen to get a drink and one of my flatmates is pacing the kitchen just eating ham out of his packet at 3am? He wasn't making any noise just seemed weird and wasn't acting normal compared to when I've seen him before. I normally don't eat snacks late just wanted to know if this is something normal among any of you?
Reply 1
Oh I do it all the time
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
Oh I do it all the time

Why? It just seemed weird to be eating snacks that late don't you got to bed or have other things to do if not.
Reply 3
Original post by gjd800
Oh I do it all the time

Rather than being in a communal area.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Why? It just seemed weird to be eating snacks that late don't you got to bed or have other things to do if not.

Because I'm hungry, usually.

I keep odd hours, and I kept even worse hours when I was at University.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by gjd800
Because I'm hungry, usually.

I keep odd hours, and I kept even worse hours when I was at University.

So you don't think there's something weird about him? Why not just eat in his room
Reply 6
So you don't think there's something weird about him? Why not just eat in his room

I dunno why you'd eat in your bedroom when there's a kitchen available.

But in any case, I'm not him and my crystal ball isn't working, so you could always... ask him.
(edited 6 months ago)
Oh, to be off my face in student digs at 3am eating ham out of a packet. Those were the days!
Reply 8
loveeee doing this tbh
Just moved into the halls last week and I stay up quite late in my room but I went into the kitchen to get a drink and one of my flatmates is pacing the kitchen just eating ham out of his packet at 3am? He wasn't making any noise just seemed weird and wasn't acting normal compared to when I've seen him before. I normally don't eat snacks late just wanted to know if this is something normal among any of you?

Sounds pretty tame to me, that return home after a heavy night out / late run in a lab / deadline in the library hoping for a leftover cold sausage, and making do with whatever else you can find in the fridge is basic student life 101. Having run into a pair of students frying slices of brain (source unknown) early in the morning I can safely say your flatmate is probably ok in comparison.
(edited 6 months ago)
Needs must when you’re pulling all nighters :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Standard student behaviour
If you haven't done this at one point can you really call yourself an undergraduate?

Spoiler

(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending