The Student Room Group

Is breakfast actually important

Do we really need brekafast or can we operate without it as I see so many influencers who are produtive and intermittent fast/skip breakfast
we dont, the longer you fast for the better for your body to recover from those insulin spikes and hormone imbalances, the key is to eat a well balanced diet, real unprocessed food with lots of natural good fats and protein, and a minimal amount of carbs/sugars, when you start fueling your body correctly you won't feel hungry as often, and your body will tell you when to eat
Original post by Anonymous
Do we really need brekafast or can we operate without it as I see so many influencers who are produtive and intermittent fast/skip breakfast

I skip breakfast pretty regularly and it doesn't seem to have any effect. I think a lot of times people eat in the morning out of habit and routine more than anything. I barely even get hungry until lunch and it doesn't make sense to me to eat when not hungry. Maybe not a bad idea to have a muffin or some fruit to start the day if you're going to be doing something physical, but otherwise I say it's not needed.
Have you considered that by virtue of these people being "influencers" they have an ulterior motive in literally everything they say or do and post online?

Just eat breakfast if you're hungry when you get up and don't if you aren't.
Yes, it is important. You're likely to find you're more focused, more emotionally stable, and physically tire less easily if you eat in the mornings.
I personally cannot face food first thing in the morning. I have a mid morning bite that keeps me going till lunch time. Everyone is different and only you know if you need breakfast.. Having said that most medics do recommend a healthy breakfast to get the day started. Influncers are a big waste of time and have their own agendas.
Reply 6
Yes, I believe that eating some breakfast on a regular basis is important for most healthy people.
Particularly for adults who are working very physically demanding jobs or teenagers who are studying full time and live in a mostly cool climate for much of the year.

I think that it is very important to generally aim to eat at least two daily meals at least 3-5 hrs apart.
Whether that's breakfast and lunch or something else.
Reply 7
How can you live without food... It's too much. People need food. I eat three meals a day, and sometimes I have a snack. It's all about knowing what you're eating and then you'll be fine.
Reply 8
In the summer season I don't need the breakfast but in winter season I need breakfast because of long nights..
Reply 9
Yes, it is very important, especially if you are on an interval diet like me now on this one https://betterme.world/articles/16-8-intermittent-fasting-7-day-meal-plan/, you cannot afford to skip breakfast, because then you will be hungry all day
(edited 8 months ago)
I haven't had breakfast for a long time.
Reply 11
this is a mandatory meal
(edited 3 months ago)
This is a question that can't be answered generally. I personally can't, but I know in turn people who aren't eating at breakfast and are fine with it.
Original post by TemmaGiG
How can you live without food... It's too much. People need food. I eat three meals a day, and sometimes I have a snack. It's all about knowing what you're eating and then you'll be fine.

My man
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous #1

Some do, some don't. For me it is essential. I can't focus without breakfast and am desperately hungry by lunch if I don't eat in the morning. I have to do a lot of thinking so it is fuel for my brain.

I would completely ignore all influencers. They show you what they want you to see and hear. Reality plays no part.
Original post by TemmaGiG

I have two meals and a snack a day. And I am fine with it, all the more when I eat fruits.

Studies have shown that eating breakfast can replenish your supply of glucose to boost your energy levels and alertness.
You can operate without lunch if you have breakfast. You can operate without dinner if you have lunch. What I'm trying to say is that any meal could be considered unimportant if have an appropriate previous meal.
Don't start developing your life around people who have a few thousand followers or maybe even more. Also remember that these influencers are going to be showing you the good parts, or things that they want you so see.
If you're not hungry in the morning, i get that because most mornings i'm not hungry or i'm too busy to be thinking about food.
If you're doing this for health reasons like you want to lose weight, then all i have to say is this quote:
“Breakfast like a king; lunch like a prince; dinner like a pauper.”
"One study followed two groups of people whose calories were distributed differently throughout the day, eating the same amount at lunch, but eating opposite calorie distributions at breakfast and dinner. The group that consumed the larger breakfast lost 2.5 times more weight than the larger dinner group and lost over four more inches around the waist.”What we have seen is that people on diets with the same number of calories who front-load calories to the earlier part of the day fare better in terms of subjective and objective measures of satiety,” researchers said. "
Reply 17
very important, I finally started eating breakfast and I feel much better
Breakfast isn’t real
I remember I couldn't eat anything in the morning, but I used to eat much at night then. Now I am trying to resist from abundant eating before going to sleep, so that I started enjoying my breakfasts. I can tell it seems to me healthier than my previous habit.

Quick Reply

Latest