The Student Room Group

Work and finance

Hi there,

Is there any requirement of work after a year of finance? Do you have to work in order to continue your studies? Thanks
Original post by Sana R
Hi there,

Is there any requirement of work after a year of finance? Do you have to work in order to continue your studies? Thanks

Hi there, Are you a EU or Home student? Are you being assessed as a Migrant Worker currently working during the academic year? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Are you a EU or Home student? Are you being assessed as a Migrant Worker currently working during the academic year? Thanks, Angela

Hi Angela,

Thank you for your reply. I am British and studying in London.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Sana R
Hi Angela,

Thank you for your reply. I am British and studying in London.

Hi there, If you are a Home student there would be no requirement to be working to continue with your studies. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, If you are a Home student there would be no requirement to be working to continue with your studies. Thanks, Angela

Hi Angela,

Thank you so much for your reply. So basically when I applied for the first year, my course is starting in January, I was working and my finance was assessed accordingly, but now that I start university, and having childcare requirements, my employer said that she cannot accommodate my timetable with my course and my childcare, so she made me redundant, now I will have to live on the student finance and will try to find something if I can to match my timetable, but otherwise for example in the case that I don’t find work would this affect my student finance, I mean when I have to apply again in October for January course?

Many thanks x
Hi Sana R,

Your income from employment is not taken into account therefore, if you are no longer employed it will not affect your funding. This is only relevant if you have applied as an EU Migrant Worker. If you are returning to study in January 2024, you can apply online now for the academic year 23/24. If you are referring to January 2025, then you will be able to apply for the academic year 24/25 when the applications launch in the Spring/Summer 2024.

https://logon.slc.co.uk

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending