The Student Room Group

EPQ ideas - Physics

I'm in year 12 and I've just started looking at ideas for my EPQ in the field of physics, I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and chemistry but I'm also interested in computer science.
Originally I was interested in Quantum computing but that's quite vague and I'm not sure what a specific question would be.
Otherwise I was thinking of
'How does tensegrity affect robotics and implications etc'
but I'm not sure how to structure either of those. I'm still open to switching topics completely as long as it is physics/computer science relevant and I'd be really grateful if anyone has any ideas or advice on which path I should take?
Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by 63737
I'm in year 12 and I've just started looking at ideas for my EPQ in the field of physics, I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and chemistry but I'm also interested in computer science.
Originally I was interested in Quantum computing but that's quite vague and I'm not sure what a specific question would be.
Otherwise I was thinking of
'How does tensegrity affect robotics and implications etc'
but I'm not sure how to structure either of those. I'm still open to switching topics completely as long as it is physics/computer science relevant and I'd be really grateful if anyone has any ideas or advice on which path I should take?
Thank you

My daughter did particle physics and the standard model. Definitely enjoyed doing it as its something shes interested in. What you can do is look at some unis for physics and their 1st year modules and perhaps get a few ideas from there?
Reply 2
Original post by Ghostlady
My daughter did particle physics and the standard model. Definitely enjoyed doing it as its something shes interested in. What you can do is look at some unis for physics and their 1st year modules and perhaps get a few ideas from there?

Thank you,
I’ve looked at some courses so far and I’ll look into EPQ ideas for the standard model but I think my problem is also that I’m not sure how to structure a question so that it allows for an in depth essay analysis
Reply 3
Original post by 63737
Thank you,
I’ve looked at some courses so far and I’ll look into EPQ ideas for the standard model but I think my problem is also that I’m not sure how to structure a question so that it allows for an in depth essay analysis

Supersymmetry? Theres lots of theories about it my daughter tells me, so could be worth exploring some of those

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending