The Student Room Group

EPQ Idea help (Formula One)

I am hoping to do an EPQ about Formula One but I am struggling to find a title or idea that would get me a good grade/a idea that is comparing between 2 teams or something like that. Please do let me know if there are any ideas that I might be unaware of which might be interesting to write an EPQ about.
you would need to find a question that you would try and answer which would make it difficult to use your initial idea like comparing 2 teams. Topic ideas that initially arise for me are 1. safety (such as the implementation of the halo and how much safer formula one is becoming compared to 50 years ago) or 2 environmental factors such as investigating what formula one is doing to help reduce their impact on the environment and whether they are going far enough. I hope these rough ideas help

Original post by Fliqx
I am hoping to do an EPQ about Formula One but I am struggling to find a title or idea that would get me a good grade/a idea that is comparing between 2 teams or something like that. Please do let me know if there are any ideas that I might be unaware of which might be interesting to write an EPQ about.
Reply 2
Original post by user123456324
you would need to find a question that you would try and answer which would make it difficult to use your initial idea like comparing 2 teams. Topic ideas that initially arise for me are 1. safety (such as the implementation of the halo and how much safer formula one is becoming compared to 50 years ago) or 2 environmental factors such as investigating what formula one is doing to help reduce their impact on the environment and whether they are going far enough. I hope these rough ideas help

The safety aspect looks interesting I might look into that. Thank you.
Reply 3
Why not look into Data-Driven Success: An Analysis of Data Analytics in Formula One. Always remember to narrow down your research question, establish clear objectives, and conduct in-depth research to gather relevant data and insights. Good luck with your EPQ, and feel free to reach out for further assistance or brainstorming
Reply 4
Original post by NoeliaGe
Why not look into Data-Driven Success: An Analysis of Data Analytics in Formula One. Always remember to narrow down your research question, establish clear objectives, and conduct in-depth research to gather relevant data and insights. Good luck with your EPQ, and feel free to reach out for further assistance or brainstorming

That looks interesting but I'm looking for something more involved in the technical aspect for f1, If I'm not able to find any doable topic I might look into this. Thanks!
Reply 5
I'm also doing my EPQ on F1, I dont know whether this would help but I'm looking into how the teams copying from each other( such as when max's car was lifted and everyone copied the floor) actually can prevent the team from moving forward because of the rushed decisions. I am also studying how the racing lines affect the lateral g forces that are on the car and drivers.
that is two quite different aspects are you sure you have narrowed those down enough to cover enough within the word limit?
Original post by chanait
I'm also doing my EPQ on F1, I dont know whether this would help but I'm looking into how the teams copying from each other( such as when max's car was lifted and everyone copied the floor) actually can prevent the team from moving forward because of the rushed decisions. I am also studying how the racing lines affect the lateral g forces that are on the car and drivers.
Reply 7
Original post by user123456324
that is two quite different aspects are you sure you have narrowed those down enough to cover enough within the word limit?

In reality they aren't that different at all, for the most part the g forces on the car are dependent on other forces which are controlled by the shape and aerodynamics of the car. When a team copies another team and rush over the physics they are reluctant to take into account the affects on the cars and drivers and the change in the number of gs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending