The Student Room Group

Two mistakes in my personal statement

So I recently submitted my ucas application and went to look at my statement through ucas and found that the paragraphs all kinda merged together (I started my paragraphs on a new line but ucas took that away) I wouldn't have been too worried about this as its pretty obvious where a paragraph is supposed to be as the separate points are very clear, however at the end on of my third paragraph I forgot to add a full stop and yeah it's once again obvious that the paragraphs ending but I'm just so worried as I'm applying for psychology at St andrews and desperately want to get in. So I was wondering if this'll affect my chances of getting in and if I should email the uni to let them know what happened.
The view after submitting strips out everything. That isn’t how it’s sent to universities it’s a known bug that UCAS hasn’t bothered to fix for 10+ years.

And blank lines will be preserved in the version sent to universities.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
The view after submitting strips out everything. That isn’t how it’s sent to universities it’s a known bug that UCAS hasn’t bothered to fix for 10+ years.

And blank lines will be preserved in the version sent to universities.

THANK YOU SO MUCH I'm so relieved you don't understand how scared I was when I saw the preview
Reply 3
And if the odd full stop is missing, Unis are not that picky - so don't worry.
Agreed on the full stop too btw.

Unless you’re applying for a copy writing degree then your PS won’t be looked at for punctuation accuracy!
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Agreed on the full stop too btw.

Unless you’re applying for a copy writing degree then your PS won’t be looked at for punctuation accuracy!

Yeah I'm not worried about it anymore :> I got offers from Cardiff and Hull today so it's probably not an issue

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending