The Student Room Group

Mechanics Tutor

I'm studying AH (Advanced Higher) Mechanics and really need help with this subject. I know it's quite similar to A Level maths so if you know a really good tutor, please lmk!
Reply 1
I’ve started out tutoring I did AH mechanics 2 years ago and got an A1 but since I’m new I can offer a cheap rate.
Original post by engineering06
I'm studying AH (Advanced Higher) Mechanics and really need help with this subject. I know it's quite similar to A Level maths so if you know a really good tutor, please lmk!

I did the 2023 AH mechanics exam (got an A) and now at uni doing engineering. I might be able to help
Original post by cantdomathlikefr
I did the 2023 AH mechanics exam (got an A) and now at uni doing engineering. I might be able to help

Yes please, I’m struggling quite a lot. How did you manage to get an A?
Reply 4

Yeah , I know a very talented indian mathematics tutor Ashish Yadav. You can try connecting him through google. As you type Ashish Yadav online Mathematics tutor. You will find his profile. So you can ask him if he can help. My experience of studying with him was great. Thats why thought of sharing it with you.
Original post by Rock4678
Yeah , I know a very talented indian mathematics tutor Ashish Yadav. You can try connecting him through google. As you type Ashish Yadav online Mathematics tutor. You will find his profile. So you can ask him if he can help. My experience of studying with him was great. Thats why thought of sharing it with you.

Thank you so much. I'll try and see if I can contact him!!

Hi I just saw this- look at private messages

Hi I just saw this- look at private messages!
Reply 8
I’m doing AH mechanics too! I unfortunately cant get a tutor but if anyone who has done it has any resources/ tips I’d love to hear them
Original post by zay225
I’m doing AH mechanics too! I unfortunately cant get a tutor but if anyone who has done it has any resources/ tips I’d love to hear them

I’m currently doing it this year and am getting circa 80% [but I make a lot of silly mistakes]. My tips would be to look through the course notes https://www.national5maths.co.uk/free-ah-mechanics/ here, and read through the exemplars looking for any patterns. For example, I’d look at the solutions and I know that whenever vertical circular motion occurs, I should use conservation of energy in some form.
Reply 10
Original post by coffeecroissant
I’m currently doing it this year and am getting circa 80% [but I make a lot of silly mistakes]. My tips would be to look through the course notes https://www.national5maths.co.uk/free-ah-mechanics/ here, and read through the exemplars looking for any patterns. For example, I’d look at the solutions and I know that whenever vertical circular motion occurs, I should use conservation of energy in some form.

Wow you’re doing amazing, good job!!
I make a lot of silly mistakes too ahah and have started noticing quite a few patterns in past papers. Thanks for the tips and (early) good luck for the final exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending