The Student Room Group

Turnitin

Hello! Does anyone have Turnitin account? I really appreciate if you could help with checking my ps for plagiarism
Original post by Diddanr12
Hello! Does anyone have Turnitin account? I really appreciate if you could help with checking my ps for plagiarism

Dont let people on here read your personal statement. They could steal it, or post it online - you are putting trust on a stranger. Turnitin is used to identify anything that resembles something else - it is not a plagiarism checker, but a similarity report.
you would not need a plagiarism checker if you know you have not plagiarised at any point in your personal statement - as it is personal.

Im surprised you know of turnitin
https://elearning.qmul.ac.uk/guide/what-is-turnitin-student/
It is used by universities to check for similarity in your essays - the tutor will use their experience to identify plagiarism. A high % does not mean it is plagiarised, nor does a low % mean you have not plagiarised.
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Dont let people on here read your personal statement. They could steal it, or post it online - you are putting trust on a stranger. Turnitin is used to identify anything that resembles something else - it is not a plagiarism checker, but a similarity report.
you would not need a plagiarism checker if you know you have not plagiarised at any point in your personal statement - as it is personal.

Im surprised you know of turnitin
https://elearning.qmul.ac.uk/guide/what-is-turnitin-student/
It is used by universities to check for similarity in your essays - the tutor will use their experience to identify plagiarism. A high % does not mean it is plagiarised, nor does a low % mean you have not plagiarised.

Thank you

Just don’t plagiarize & you’ll be fine. If it’s a freshly written PS not uploaded online you’ll be fine.
turnitin wouldn’t be of any use for a PS anyway. UCAS maintain their own database.

The % match allowed is sensibly high so there’s no need to worry unless you’re copied it wholesale.
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
turnitin wouldn’t be of any use for a PS anyway. UCAS maintain their own database.

The % match allowed is sensibly high so there’s no need to worry unless you’re copied it wholesale.

Thank you very much💙 I haven’t copied anything but used Grammarly a little bit too much that’s why I’m worried.
(edited 6 months ago)
Thank you very much💙 I haven’t copied anything but used a Grammarly a little bit too much that’s why I’m worried.

You’ll be absolutely fine then. There’s a decent amount of leeway built in for common phrases and similarities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending